We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows 10th Annual Fox Lake Firefighters Classic Car Show

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

[article]1707[/article]

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I also like the new, lowered, prices for food items. I had two (2) hot dogs and a bottle of cold water for a total of $2! Where else can you go and get two good hot dogs fresh off the grill for a buck? Thanks for a fantastic 10th anniversary show at Fox Lake!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank You……

to the many of you who stopped to check on us on the way back from Fox Lake. My car show buddy, Dick, had mechanical problems and broke down on 151 just south of Columbus. Special thanks to John, Micki, Jennifer, Scott, Sharon, Franco, Jessie and several others whose names I have forgotten. I was reminded, again, that “car people” are the first to take care of their own and others, broke down alongside the road.

Marshall

Prairieland Towing came out with a flatbed and got Dick loaded up and enroute back home by 6:45. Thanks to Columbus PD for sending out a marked unit with overhead lights to keep up protected unit the tow truck arrived.

circletrack
    Participant

Thanks for letting us know, any idea what’s wrong with it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry to hear Dick’s car broke down, I must have been ahead of you guys because I did’nt see ya. Had I seen ya I would have stopped and tried to help or you could have sit in my air conditioned car till help arrived. Hope its nothing serious, see you guys soon.

moparkid25
    Participant
    MMRJR wrote:
    Thank You……

to the many of you who stopped to check on us on the way back from Fox Lake. My car show buddy, Dick, had mechanical problems and broke down on 151 just south of Columbus. Special thanks to John, Micki, Jennifer, Scott, Sharon, Franco, Jessie and several others whose names I have forgotten. I was reminded, again, that “car people” are the first to take care of their own and others, broke down alongside the road.

Marshall

Prairieland Towing came out with a flatbed and got Dick loaded up and enroute back home by 6:45. Thanks to Columbus PD for sending out a marked unit with overhead lights to keep up protected unit the tow truck arrived.

Always good to know there’s people out there willing to stop and help a fellow enthusiast. I agree with Plum Crazy, if I was at this show and saw you on the side of the road, I too would stop to help in any way (even if my fan club was there :whistle: )

Never been to this show, maybe next year?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The major issue a tire let go as we were driving back towards Madison. This tire didn’t just go down, it literally exploded, sending the wheelcover flying and the pieces of rubber flying off. There was no body damage that we could see.

The secondary issue was water/coolant flowing out from underneath the passenger door. Dick had been complaining of moisture building up on the inside of his windshield for several weeks, and with the passenger side of the car down, there was a steady stream running away from the car. (I’m guessing its the heater core, or one of the hoses). In order to get to the darn heater core on these early Impalas, it’s necessary to remove the inner fender liner.

circletrack
    Participant

Marshall, that sounds awful! Hopefully no damage was done to the motor, is the carpet all wet too?

Let us know if Dick needs any help!

intmdatr3
    Participant

Sorry to hear some had trouble getting there. We went after it stopped raining here where we live. We arrived about 11am set the Monte up and got judged about 12:30. It was has been a couple years since we had gone there. This is always a nice show to go to very helpful staff and setup very nice. We were very happy to won a trophy there in our class custom mild and full. Sorry to hear tony is stepping down now very nice person. Here is a pic of Monte with her trophy.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/1008180.jpg/

GTO Man

Great looking car.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Has Dick had any luck in making repairs?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.