We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Lounge 13″ BF Goodrich Radial T/A

• Creator
    Topic
    78cruisingwagon
    Participant

For the last seven years I have been searching for white letter 13 inch tires. You can not buy them in them US from any manufacturer. Then a friend told me 13″ BF Goodrich T/A’s were available in Mexico. I contacted BF Goodrich to see if they could get me some. They got back to me and said they no longer manufacture them. I sent them an email back and told her they Still do. In fact they are made in the same plant in Mexico as the 14,15,and 16’s they are sold here . She said she would forward my inquiry the their marketing department. I tried to have a few BF Goodrich Distributors to order them, but there is no part number for them to order. them. I ended up getting them from a distributor in Mexico using email ,Facebook ,and ,Google Translate. They would not ship to the US so I had to use an importer to bring them across the border and get them to me. It was quite the process , but worth the effort!
    [attachment=645]KIMG0026_041.jpeg[/attachment]

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

Let’s hope you don’t have any issues after going through all of the work of getting them.

Did you buy a second set at the same time? As much as you drive your car, you’ll need ’em!

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I did order 5 of them in case I destroy one. I was going to order an extra set, but did not want to risk it more that that. They would not take a US credit card or Pay Pal, I had to wire the money to the business. So I did not want to risk any more that I had to. Now that I know its legit , I will be ordering more.

razorstorm
    Participant

The tires must really be good, for you to go through all that process.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

Yes they are a nice tire. In my mind well worth the effort for that classic look !

razorstorm
    Participant

How much did it cost to have them shipped to the US?

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

Shipping within Mexico was free. I set up an account with a broker to have a Mexican address to have them shipped to. From there the broker charged me $100 for paperwork and to transport them across the border. On top of that was a 16% tarrif. From Brownsville Texas shipping to Wisconsin was $150 .

razorstorm
    Participant

Wow! Free shipping! I was imagining that it would expensive. That’s a good deal!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.