We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Corral & Swap Meet 1949 Studebaker Champion Parts

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Does anyone have any parts for a 1949 Studebaker Champion? I would like to have a couple sources handy in case I need anything

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Must not be any Studebaker fans here.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I guess not. I would really like to have some info about studebaker parts sources though!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

ebay has studebaker parts.. sometimes even parts cars. Are u looking for trim pieces and such or mechanical parts/brake parts etc?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Both, I’m looking for info on all parts. I would prefer not to use ebay because you can’t tell exactly what you’re getting. Depending on how things work out in the next several months I’ll be able to tell you more specifically but for now if you have any info for any type of parts that would be great! thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ive bought quite a few parts on ebay, if its a high dollar restoration on a rare care i usually prefer not to and see the part in person but sometimes ya have to go the internet route. For mechanical parts like engine parts, carbs, carb kits, fuel pumps, brake parts, lights etc I use a company called Kanter Antique Auto parts, you pay a little more on some parts but the quality is well worth it. You can search online or request a free catalog just go to http://www.kanter.com and check it out. thumbsup.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks for the link!!! thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Your welcome! Always glad to help out a fellow classic car restorer icon_cheers.gif

montefrazer
    Participant

Van’s Auto Salvage just outside of Waupun might have some if you look for used parts. I still have the spare tire from my 63 Hawk if you need a wheel and it fits.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Vans auto salvage has a ton of classic cars rotting away.. wish i could save em all but who can, a good chunk have rotting frames but nothing that i havent fixed before. Alot of nice sedan bodies. Went there last summer and u have to look real hard in the trees and brush and u find some neat cars. Not too bad on parts prices either. Do u happen to know if there open year round monte?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’ll keep that in mind, depending on what I have (I won’t know for awhile), thanks for the info!!! jumpy.gif

montefrazer
    Participant

They go to different hours/days for the winter. Best time to go is late October or November and after the snow melts in March to early April. Too many weeds and bugs to go during the summer unless you know where and what you’re looking for. Spent many hours wandering around there and pulling parts.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

If I go it will probably November, hopefully the weather will cooperate with me

Anonymous
    Inactive

We should make a trip of it garibaldi.. invite a couple members and all. They have an older ambulance there i want to look at closer and possibly pick up sometime to go with my 72 pontiac ambulance but need to make the room first icon_cheesygrin.gif

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.