Welcome Forum Car Shows 2012 Belleville Car Show

  • Creator
    Topic
  • #5551
    AvatarBigbluetruck
    Participant

    Called the contact person for the Belleville car show coming up this sun. Classes are year classes, trucks all years and one award per class. He said about 100-140 cars show up each year.Thought i would put this info out there for any one to make the decision to attend or not.I myself was thinking about attending because it was fairly close to home but i think i`ll pass on this one.:(

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #40346
    AvatarAnonymous
    Inactive

    Interesting Facts About Belleville
    Belleville is known as the UFO Capitol of the World, it is host of the annual UFO Day Festival which is held the annually on the last Saturday each October. Folks in Belleville truly believe their village was visited by aliens after strange lights were reported in the sky near the village by the local sheriff and dozens of residents between January and April in 1987. The UFO Day Festival brings visitors from every point in the universe, it truly is an Out-of-this-World event!

    #40347
    LuxurylinersLuxuryliners
    Participant

    I thought Belleville was a decent show in a neat location, a little light on awards definitely but not bad…I reviewed it last year if anyone’s interested. Naturally this year with Botham’s featured marque being Cadillac and living a whole 12 minutes from the vineyard, my decision was pretty much made for me though.

    #40353
    Amigo2kAmigo2k
    Moderator

    I too have been to this show a couple of times before. Great setting with parking on grass, with just about all the parking area is shaded by large trees.

    They always have had nice car related door prizes and they even had roasted chicken dinners you could order up.

    #40348
    AvatarAnonymous
    Inactive

    What is it that bothers you about this show?

    Is it having just one truck class, or the fact that there is only one award per class?

    #40361
    AvatarBigbluetruck
    Participant

    Both facts bother me, i attend shows to compete and hopefully win an award. If i dont win thats fine with me but i at least want to feel i have a good chance and with the truck class being all trucks all years i know i don`t have a chance in hell with only one award,been there done that.If your one of those that say winning doesn`t matter than your full of it. Then why spend all that time and money on your ride.If it`s not about the awards then why even bother to spend money on registration, just show up and don`t register and spend time with friends, don`t spend hours on end cleaning and polishing if it`s not important to win at every show you go to.

    #40362
    AvatarAnonymous
    Inactive
    Bigbluetruck wrote:
    Both facts bother me, i attend shows to compete and hopefully win an award. If i dont win thats fine with me but i at least want to feel i have a good chance and with the truck class being all trucks all years i know i don`t have a chance in hell with only one award,been there done that.If your one of those that say winning doesn`t matter than your full of it. Then why spend all that time and money on your ride.If it`s not about the awards then why even bother to spend money on registration, just show up and don`t register and spend time with friends, don`t spend hours on end cleaning and polishing if it`s not important to win at every show you go to.

    With only one truck class, and one award in that class, do you think that the locals and a local truck will win?

    What if you knew that this show gives out great auto/truck related door prizes, and lots of them? What is you knew that the BBQ chicken dinners were to die for? Would you opinion of this show change?

    #40365
    AvatarBigbluetruck
    Participant

    Yes a local truck will win, i don`t eat chicken and why would i spend ten dollars for a door prize i don`t want or need.

    #40349
    AvatarXman
    Participant

    Wow, I guess I’d stay home then. If your worried about 10 bucks.

    I never expect to win at car shows, it is a bonus if I do.

    I’ve been to Belleville show before, it is a nice location and a fun show
    to meet and hang with friends.

    #40363
    moparkid25moparkid25
    Participant
    Bigbluetruck wrote:
    Both facts bother me, i attend shows to compete and hopefully win an award. If i dont win thats fine with me but i at least want to feel i have a good chance and with the truck class being all trucks all years i know i don`t have a chance in hell with only one award,been there done that.If your one of those that say winning doesn`t matter than your full of it. Then why spend all that time and money on your ride.If it`s not about the awards then why even bother to spend money on registration, just show up and don`t register and spend time with friends, don`t spend hours on end cleaning and polishing if it`s not important to win at every show you go to.

    DDHemi would agree with your comments 100%. Believe it or not, there are still people out there with a competitive spirit. There are also people that are laid back and don’t give a rats ass if they win or not. The laid back people shouldn’t get pissy with those who are there to compete.

    I am one of those people who don’t get excited when I don’t win, but when I see a deserving car get skunked (whether its mine or someone elses) I might just have to give my opinion thats not asked for :whistle: If you want to see my competitive side, come watch me play in my football or softball league!!

    #40368
    AvatarBigbluetruck
    Participant

    I`m not like you who probably has money to burn. i`m on a very limited income because of a work related injury and every penny counts. It is more inportant for me to use ten dollars to feed my family than to waste it on something like this show. And don`t tell me you never expect to win at car shows, i hear this all the time at shows and those that say this are the biggest cry babies when they don`t win.All i`ve ever asked from any show is be fair and if i lose to a better ride so be it but if i lose to someone because he is sleeping with the judges sister or mother or gets the good ol boy vote then ya i get a little pissed off. If you win its probably because you have a club or friends throwing votes your way. Don`t jump on my ass because i decide for whatever reason not to attend a show.

    #40369
    AvatarXman
    Participant
    Bigbluetruck wrote:
    I`m not like you who probably has money to burn. i`m on a very limited income because of a work related injury and every penny counts. It is more inportant for me to use ten dollars to feed my family than to waste it on something like this show. And don`t tell me you never expect to win at car shows, i hear this all the time at shows and those that say this are the biggest cry babies when they don`t win.All i`ve ever asked from any show is be fair and if i lose to a better ride so be it but if i lose to someone because he is sleeping with the judges sister or mother or gets the good ol boy vote then ya i get a little pissed off. If you win its probably because you have a club or friends throwing votes your way. Don`t jump on my ass because i decide for whatever reason not to attend a show.

    This is the point where I’m ROFLMAO. I attend the shows because my friends go and I want to be with them on the weekends, if I win I’m happy. I don’t call the shows contact people during the week just to see if there is a class for my car. From the posts I’ve read you seem to travel far and wide to attend shows. It has to cost you a hell of a lot more to drive your truck to them then 10 bucks. To me it seems like it is all about the almighty trophy. By the way I have won a trophy in Belleville, you just have to figure out how to play the game in small towns…;-)

    #40370
    AvatarBigbluetruck
    Participant

    By playing the game do you mean put the the name of the town where the show is at on your window card to get the local vote even if you are not from the area? You say you go to be with friends, is that so you can get there votes at these particapant judged shows. I don`t need to cheat or lie to win awards, my truck does pretty good on it`s own. I`ve won at 12 out of 15 shows i`ve been in this year, can you say that for your car? Yes i do call organizers about there shows and i do pick shows where i feel i have a good chance of winning, thats how i play the game.Yes it is all about the mighty trophy and i`m a big enough man to admit it.I also enjoy meeting up with old friends and making new ones, that is my perk when attending shows but my priority is getting my truck ready and taking home some good memories and the best award i can.Most but not all that say other wise are full of crap.

    #40371
    AvatarXman
    Participant
    Bigbluetruck wrote:
    By playing the game do you mean put the the name of the town where the show is at on your window card to get the local vote even if you are not from the area? You say you go to be with friends, is that so you can get there votes at these particapant judged shows. I don`t need to cheat or lie to win awards, my truck does pretty good on it`s own. I`ve won at 12 out of 15 shows i`ve been in this year, can you say that for your car? Yes i do call organizers about there shows and i do pick shows where i feel i have a good chance of winning, thats how i play the game.Yes it is all about the mighty trophy and i`m a big enough man to admit it.I also enjoy meeting up with old friends and making new ones, that is my perk when attending shows but my priority is getting my truck ready and taking home some good memories and the best award i can.Most but not all that say other wise are full of crap.

    Yes, I did put my hometown as Belleville just to test my theory one time, and it worked. Wow 15 shows thats a lot of $10….I’ve been to five shows and have two trophies. But I don’t think the Dells show and Back to the fifties count. So I’m two out of three. But then my car is 72 years old also, and I have to compete with my friends car that is $150k street rod. If my friends vote for my car that is their choice. But that does not stop me from going, I do not like participant judged shows because I just don’t like to walk around and vote, so I usually don’t.

    #40372
    AvatarBigbluetruck
    Participant

    So not only are you a cheater, your a lazy cheater.Never said i couldn`t afford a good show,i said i will not waste my money on a show that i know i will not win at,but at least i do the shows honestly and at the end of the day i can walk away with my head held high knowing i did my best with out being dishonest about it.Saying you don`t vote at particapant judged show just shows how lazy you are and the type of person you truly are.Shows are shows no matter what type or where they are.

    #40374
    AvatarXman
    Participant
    Bigbluetruck wrote:
    So not only are you a cheater, your a lazy cheater.Never said i couldn`t afford a good show,i said i will not waste my money on a show that i know i will not win at,but at least i do the shows honestly and at the end of the day i can walk away with my head held high knowing i did my best with out being dishonest about it.Saying you don`t vote at particapant judged show just shows how lazy you are and the type of person you truly are.Shows are shows no matter what type or where they are.

    Testing a theory is cheating? Hmmm and because I don’t want to participant vote I’m lazy..Guess I should just just put a lift kit and some wheels on my truck and head out to all the shows..But only if I know I’m going to win.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘2012 Belleville Car Show’ is closed to new replies.