We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows 2017 – The Year In Review

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

What did you like about car shows this year?

What did you dislike about car shows this year?

Did you attend any new shows you have never been to?

What shows did you not attend this year that you did in years past?

What are your plans for 2018?

1. What did you like about car shows this year?

-Well, meeting Jay Leno at Automotion was probably the highlight of my car shows this year. He’s a super cool guy, very easy to talk with (after I shook off the shock of being star struck), and knowledgeable on cars. Money and fame hasn’t went to this guys head, he’s a just a normal dude.

2. What did you dislike about car shows this year?
    -I went to the Potosi car show for the second time this year, and compared to last year, it was a complete clusterf***. Something on the organizers side got screwed up, but it pissed off a lot people come awards time. Its a nice drive down there, but it was a waste of a day.
    -I love the Lancaster car show, but this year it was on a different day (which is ok) than years past, it was also at a new location – the A&W – this year (not as ok as I thought it would be). I can’t say enough good things about the members of the Classy Chassis car club, they work hard and do a damn good job of putting on a great show no matter the hurdles put in from of them by local politics. Unfortunately, I was under the wrong impression when I thought the new location would be a great spot for a show. They had more cars show up than anticipated, and then the regular lunch traffic driving through all of the show cars was a bit dicey. I think this will be worked out for next year though.

3. Did you attend any new shows you have never been to?
    -I don’t believe I did, but I did get to a couple of shows I didn’t attend last year – Oregon and Cobb. That Cobb show had some questionable judging, not because I didn’t win an award but because there were a few cars I thought should’ve won awards and didn’t. I don’t want to judge, I don’t care about trophies anymore, I just want to have fun with my car and be around like minded people.

4. What shows did you not attend this year that you did in years past?
    -I would have to say Pardeeville. It sounds like it was another amazing turnout, which is awesome! However, this labor day weekend I chose not to get up in the wee hours of the morning, drive up there, let Capt Bob and Arlo take forever announcing the awards, then be dog tired when I get home that night. After seeing the videos on Facebook and Youtube, I regretted my decision. I’ve been vocal how I don’t like the praying and such, but this is just such an awesome show its almost worth me facing eternal damnation once the volume on the bible gets turned up!

5. What are your plans for 2018?

-I wont be attending as many shows. I thought I was burned out as I didn’t have the excitement I used to. I was bored with my car and barely driving it. I sold the GN, and a few of you have seen my new GTO. I love my new car, drove it every chance I had before parking it for the winter, and can’t wait for spring to get here! I want to drive my stuff, but not to a show every weekend. Dells will be happening again next year, hopefully its not the shitty weather we had this year. I’ll continue to attend shows that benefit a group who helps people in need, but also I have more fun at cruise nights than shows. I hope to see a few more of them pop up next year, and have been contemplating gauging interest around the area to see if any business would host it once a month. QSL was the same ol’, same ol’ when I went twice this year.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

More cars, even if there are a lot more newer cars at shows as compared to 10-15 years ago.

Nothing

I was able to attend a few stops on the Hot Rod Power Tour, went to the Indian Uprising in St. Charles IL, went on my first poker run, and the Bryon Classic drags. I was able to put about 3000 miles this summer.

Iola and Spring Green

Probably attend the National Pontiac show in the Dells, and I would like to attend the Woodward Cruise in Detroit. I would rather go for a drive, and have lunch at some place I have never been. My car is far from a show car and I would rather drive my car and experience new places and things then going to the same shows over and over and over again.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Amigo2k.
    GTO Man

I didn’t go to many shows so the ones I did go to I really enjoyed. I like the downtown shows because of all the foot traffic and things going on. The year started out with Cars on State. I have gone to the show a number of times and it is allot of fun. Obviously a great location and loads of spectators. And plenty of restaurants to choose from. The large variety of cars at the shows is also a plus, from old to new. If the hobby is to remain strong everyone should be welcome.

I didn’t find anything to dislike about the shows I went to. Actually I didn’t go to a number of shows because of the weather or other obligations.

Not this year.

Automotion, Spring Green, and others mainly because of other things I had to do.

I plan on attending approximately the same number of shows but hope to hit some new ones. I would also like to get to some cruise-ins if possible.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

The People!

Whining about awards!!
    The Wasilla Alaska Centennial Summerfest and Car Show
    Blues, Brews & BBQ Car Show Skagway Alaska
    Great fun meeting new people. Car people are SO Friendly , no mater where you travel.

Beloit Autorama
    Hard to top this year’s Alaska trip. Put on over 18k on the car this summer. The one show I plan to attend ,as a volunteer ,is the EyesOn Design Show in Detroit on Fathers Day.I participated in the show in 2015. It is held at the Edsel Ford Estate in Groose Pointe Shores Mi.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.