We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows 2nd Annual O-Town Showdown-

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lordairgtar
    Participant

Thanks for the nice comments on my DJing. Sorry about the loudness at times. I can’t tell how loud things really are from behind the controls and some discs have very quiet or very loud levels it seems. Also having to be parked near a speaker can be hard on the ears. Sorry again. Next year the song list will be finished which will make it easier for me to get requests played or to see if I actually have a song. Can’t possibly remember everything that is in the collection. LOL. Any suggestions on what I should try and get for next year is appreciated. Great show Aaron!

ss396
    Participant

We had signs pointing at the turns neede to be taken to get to the show. We also tried to have a non profit group work the show food but all the orgs were busy that day already. we will have to get to them earlier for next year. Thanks for the great comments everyone I hope we can make next year even better!

circletrack
    Participant

Aaron, have you thought about going outside Oregon for a non-profit group? Our scouts are not from Sun Prairie, you may have more luck with a group in Evansville that would love to help you!

ss396
    Participant

yes we did but thought it was a good idea to try and keep it local next year we will just have to hit the non profits much much earlier so we wont have this issue again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Aaron,

Here are a couple suggestions. Contact the Athletic Director at Oregon High School and ask if any of the athletics booster clubs (soccer, football, track, basketball) would be interested in setting up and selling brats, burgers, and dogs. All proceeds could go to that particular sport at the high school. This happens alot at Verona Area High School. Ask me how I know, as I used to be the master brat burner for the soccer clubs.

The other possible might be your Kwik Trip right there in town. Maybe they could do coffee and donuts in the morning, and pizza and cold drinks at lunch.

Marshall

ss396
    Participant

i will definately do that. I will start trying to line things up much much earlier next year too. Thanks for the suggestions! B)

ss396
    Participant

Big Old Cars, I thank you for your idea about the parking lot. We had blocked it off due to the higher expectation of cars. The threat of bad weather detered several of the participants away. I have spoken to at least 20 people tha said they planned on coming but the rain and threats scared them away. If the need for space would have been needed most likely we wouldve had to figure out how to ask people to move their cars. I think we will not be blocking it off next year though if we run out of room we run out of room,. We have room on the grass for over 200 anyways so I think we will be alright. I am not sure why you stated they had bathrooms???. We had 4 portable ones and access to real bathrroms just across the street. No matter, I am glad to hear you had a good time and hope to see you out there in 2011! Thanks for the comments.
    Aaron

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.