We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions 911 Call Handling

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

I hope what has been reported is wrong.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

It seems nobody has to take responsibility for the botched call.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It really is ridiculous, and sad, and scary. Someone needs to own up.

circletrack
    Participant

Yes, it’s a sad situation that I would not want to be in, but we need to remember the person at fault here is the person who KILLED this innocent girl, not the 911 operator who thought he/she was doing the job they were trained to do. We’ve all made mistakes in our personal and professional lives, unfortunately this one seems to be taking center stage right now and until the killer is found nothing else can be done.

moparkid25
    Participant

Had the call been handled correctly, it still doesn’t mean a murder would have been prevented. However, it may have put authorities closer to catching the murderer. I saw on the news that the 911 center couldn’t pinpoint the address correctly between the two homes on the street.

The downtown area has really became a cesspool for crime.

GTO Man

I would just like to see honesty at the top. People make mistakes, there is no way to stop that. Department heads and the COunty Executive should be able to respond in an honest way.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.