We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions A Beautiful Thing

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

No snow on the ground and no snow in the forecast!!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

It just don’t get no better, very little if any snow on the ground and none in the forecast.

Anonymous
    Inactive

First time in a long time that we had a green/brown X-mas. Got a couple inches this weekend but 30-40 degree temps the next few days will take of what we got.

mconners
    Participant

I have my Wildcat scheduled to go to Vic’s on Monday to get the convertible top replaced. First time in a long time I have been wanting a brown Christmas…LOL As far as I am concerned, no snow is not a bad thing at all. Quicker we get to spring the better.

thekcarguy
    Participant

Its going to be around 45 here tomorrow, might get my 81 K-car out of the garage and finish the CB radio installation. Saw someone out crusing in their stude hawk last week :blink:

Amigo2k

Another nice thing is that your daily driver won’t always be full of salt.

I saw a fly walking around on top of car today … crazy …

GTO Man

Many positives about the lack of snow, no snow removal costs, less fender benders, less stressful driving, etc. Also some negatives, people who depend on plowing for their livlihood, tourist areas where snow brings in the people, etc.

thekcarguy
    Participant

you are right about no salt on the roads, it really has been quite easy on my daily driver (1996 corsica 3100 V6) 192,000 miles and the rockers are still solid.

moparkid25
    Participant
    thekcarguy wrote:
    you are right about no salt on the roads, it really has been quite easy on my daily driver (1996 corsica 3100 V6) 192,000 miles and the rockers are still solid.

Better take care of it, its most likely the only one left in existance :whistle:

circletrack
    Participant

there is lots of salt where I live… the town had to lay it down REALLY thick last weekend.. just give me a nice rain to wash it away and I’d consider getting the Chevelle out of hibernation! :)

thekcarguy
    Participant

:laugh: I don’t think so I see plenty of them, everyday I see at least 4 or 5.

GTO Man

It is great when they build up a storm and then have to back off on the amounts. The local media(what a joke) jumps on the bandwagen about the weather event making it sound like it is the end of the world.

moparkid25
    Participant
    GTO Man wrote:
    It is great when they build up a storm and then have to back off on the amounts. The local media(what a joke) jumps on the bandwagen about the weather event making it sound like it is the end of the world.

You could almost compare meteorologists to these whacko’s who believe the world will come to an end on 12/21/12 because the Mayan calendar ends.

Let’s not forget the Mayans couldn’t finish they’re calendar on account of the Spanish killing them off.

As far as the ‘bandwagon’ goes, they do make a big deal out of the first big snow of the season. Big deal, it’s WISCONSIN and it snows here. The best part about the first big snowstorm is seeing all the fools who forget how to drive in it :whistle:

thekcarguy
    Participant

IT is funny to see lame drivers that use their brakes, a friend of mine hit a guardrail today because she used her brakes…Why don’t people just slow down ahead of time or better yet slam it into Low. I personally had van with my work van today. Whipping donuts was real fun in an extended V6 express van :)

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.