Welcome Forum The Drag Strip American Chopper Anyone?

  • Creator
    Topic
  • #327
    GaribaldiGaribaldi
    Keymaster

    Does anyone else here watch American Chopper? I really like it, even though I’m not into bikes that much its really cool to see them fabricate the bikes. The detail they put in is just unbelieveable!!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #8663
    GTO ManGTO Man
    Moderator
    Quote:
    Does anyone else here watch American Chopper? I really like it, even though I’m not into bikes that much its really cool to see them fabricate the bikes. The detail they put in is just unbelieveable!!

    It takes alot of skill and creativity to produce the bikes they do. Their theme bikes relly bring out the meaning they are trying to express.

    #8664
    AvatarAnonymous
    Inactive

    I watch it. I’ve been riding various bikes for 20 years, so they interest me…lol

    I don’t care for Paul Jr’s bikes as much as Sr’s bikes. I like the old school chopper look with the stretched and raked front end, ape hangers, and a bobbed rear fender. Not a fat tire, just a regular 220 wheel for me.

    #8665
    GaribaldiGaribaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I watch it. I’ve been riding various bikes for 20 years, so they interest me…lol

    I don’t care for Paul Jr’s bikes as much as Sr’s bikes. I like the old school chopper look with the stretched and raked front end, ape hangers, and a bobbed rear fender. Not a fat tire, just a regular 220 wheel for me.

    Yeah they both have their own unique styling and opinions- as demonstrated each episode with the icon_vomit1.gif

    #8666
    AvatarAnonymous
    Inactive

    I try and watch it everytime I get the chance. I think theme bikes raises the expectation level when it comes to bike building which amazes me that the both Sr. and Jr. can constantly pump out original creations like they do. It seems that OCC and West Coast Choppers can be credited with the chopper craze revival.

    #8667
    GaribaldiGaribaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I try and watch it everytime I get the chance. I think theme bikes raises the expectation level when it comes to bike building which amazes me that the both Sr. and Jr. can constantly pump out original creations like they do. It seems that OCC and West Coast Choppers can be credited with the chopper craze revival.

    I know, I can’t believe all the creative ideas that they come out with! icon_eek.gif

    #8668
    AvatarAnonymous
    Inactive

    Hi Guys
    I have to say watching there program has changed the way I yell I meen talk to my kid in the shop. w00t.gif

    #8669
    GaribaldiGaribaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hi Guys
    I have to say watching there program has changed the way I yell I meen talk to my kid in the shop. w00t.gif

    Boyd Cottington is another good example of this.

    #8670
    AvatarAnonymous
    Inactive

    Hi Folks
    Yes I watch that often . I often wonder why a guy would let things go on like that on national TV and the I thought $$$$$$$$$$$$ works wonders
    I work on these cars all day in my shop and it give me hope after watching them that I just may know what Im doing after all these years.
    They Make me look smart. :haha:

    #8671
    GaribaldiGaribaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hi Folks
    Yes I watch that often . I often wonder why a guy would let things go on like that on national TV and the I thought $$$$$$$$$$$$ works wonders
    I work on these cars all day in my shop and it give me hope after watching them that I just may know what Im doing after all these years.
    They Make me look smart. :haha:

    yeah they really are something aren’t they? Of course you wonder how much of it is all hype for tv. Probably the higher Boyd’s blood pressure goes the more money they get! :haha: :haha:

    #8672
    Avatarmontefrazer
    Participant

    I watch too, just for the yelling and screaming. They would fit right in where I work. :D The bikes and cars are interesting, but the shows would be off the air by now if it wasn’t for the personalities. The Monster Garage episodes I remember best had the crazy people working on the projects.

    #8673
    GaribaldiGaribaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I watch too, just for the yelling and screaming. They would fit right in where I work. :D The bikes and cars are interesting, but the shows would be off the air by now if it wasn’t for the personalities. The Monster Garage episodes I remember best had the crazy people working on the projects.

    Yeah there’s no shortage of that! Did you see the episode where Sr. ran his SUV through the office and Mikey through a chair and a couch through a big glass window? Also Jr. had fun with Sr. driving around in a golf cart and ramming it into buildings. I wonder how much of this was setup by the Discovery Channel just to boost ratings.

    #8674
    Avatarmontefrazer
    Participant

    I saw it. That office was only about 1 year old and they totaled it and the Expedition. There was also Mikey’s old car that got totaled, the old truck they beat on behind the old shop, Senior 4 wheeling in the snow with his Hummer, and the pick up Mikey drove into the pond, just to mention a few more acts of insanity.

    #8675
    GTO ManGTO Man
    Moderator

    At the Iola car show and swap meet they had the Miller Electric bike on display. The detail was incredible. I like it when they make a theme bike for an old American company. When they unveil the bike to the employees you can really see the pride in their response. That’s something you don’t enough of these days in this country. With their most recent bike, the Caterpillar bike they received the same response.

    #8676
    GaribaldiGaribaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I saw it. That office was only about 1 year old and they totaled it and the Expedition. There was also Mikey’s old car that got totaled, the old truck they beat on behind the old shop, Senior 4 wheeling in the snow with his Hummer, and the pick up Mikey drove into the pond, just to mention a few more acts of insanity.

    Oh yeah I forgot about Mikey’s little “adventure.” It must be nice to have that kind of money! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.