We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Lounge Any New Projects, bolt ons, upgrades,This Winter

• Creator
    Topic
    mdunn6
    Participant

Any thing planned or you would like to do to you
    vehicle this winter / spring ?

I will change all bolts, nuts, washers to chrome ones.

Make some billet spacers, caps & interior parts.

I would love to install a new Ring Brothers
    Export Brace, But will have to save for this !

Just need to get rid of the Winter blues & go
    out to the garage and start working ! B)

SKEL A STANG

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

I got new wheels… :dry:

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I am rebuilding my transmission and engine. I have the transmission, a C4, out and apart. Now all I have to do is get the parts and put it back together. After that I plan to pull the engine and rebuild it.Hope to have it all back together by the end of March in time for the car shows!

circletrack
    Participant

One of the gauges in the Chevelle decided to stop working at the end of the year… got the new one this week ~ we’ll be ripping the dash apart before May! :(

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Well, if my Eclipse sells, it will be a whole new project (Nissan 370Z)…first on the list is a supercharger.

GTO Man

I would like to find a another car but with the economy as cloudy as it is it will have to be a deal I can’t pass up.

Amigo2k

I would like to find someone to sign my Pink slip so I could move on to another car …

circletrack
    Participant

Amigo2k wrote:

Quote:
    I would like to find someone to sign my Pink slip so I could move on to another car …

But Ryan… we like your car! :cheer:

Amigo2k

I like it too, but it is time for someone else to like it even more …

mdunn6
    Participant

How abought some Pic ‘s
    I am learning & will try to post them as i go
    If i can

Moparkid25 , new Wheels any pic ?
    Love , New Rims & Skins.

I want to Reundercoat, But what a messy and time consuming
    job, but worth it in the long run.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Well, I was going to get new chrome steel wheels for the HHR, but med bills and the IRS put a stop to that.

mick289
    Participant

I was going to put new carpet and some suspension work in my Mustang, but that all changed when we bought another home in Door County. Someone said it was her turn to spend money. Funny I thought I was investing in our future. She didn’t think it was the right type of investing.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I got my transmission parts and am putting it back together.The transmission, a C4 , was in good condition.No hard parts needed.The seals were hard and front band and forward clutches toast. I did find out what was causing my main problem, the outer piston seal in the forward clutch pack, was split! There was a 3/8″ gap!So I feel much better finding such a glaring defect.I hope to have it back together next week, then start on the engine.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

here is the bad seal. c4rebuild001.png

Attachments:
    78cruisingwagon
    Participant

Transmission is all back together! Today I pulled the engine and tore it down.The cylinders dont look too bad, no ridge in them , but a few vertical scratches. I will be putting in a crank kit and new cam bearings.My oil pressure was low, so this should take care of it.The rods and cam bearings were down to the copper. V6_rebuild_010.jpg

Attachments:
    78cruisingwagon
    Participant

one more pic V6_rebuild_008.jpg

Attachments:
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.