We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Auto Detail Products

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

What type of detail products do people recommend? They could be for paint, chrome, tires, rims, etc.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahh one of my favorite points of discussion. I am usually a Meguiars person due to the ease and convenience of avaliability of product. I can visit my local store and it’s always in stock.

When it comes to carshows and if I have the time to prep the car I use Zaino. Now Zaino doesn’t really advertise but their reputation is spread by word of mouth. If you are willing to sacrifice alot of time (usually a weekend of cleaning) you will have a spectacular shine that lasts.

http://www.zainostore.com

Now I am very particular about tire shine and after testing and testing through various product offerrings, time and experience has taught me that Meguairs “HotShine” is the best tire shine spray out there. It gives a deep, wet look that lasts. I have also tried Meguiars new “NXT” line and it is the closest thing to rival Zaino with it’s deep luster capabilities and the convenience of avaliability. YOu can only get Zanio online or through a distributor if you are lucky to come across one.

GTO Man
    Quote:
    Ahh one of my favorite points of discussion. I am usually a Meguiars person due to the ease and convenience of avaliability of product. I can visit my local store and it’s always in stock.

When it comes to carshows and if I have the time to prep the car I use Zaino. Now Zaino doesn’t really advertise but their reputation is spread by word of mouth. If you are willing to sacrifice alot of time (usually a weekend of cleaning) you will have a spectacular shine that lasts.

http://www.zainostore.com

Now I am very particular about tire shine and after testing and testing through various product offerrings, time and experience has taught me that Meguairs “HotShine” is the best tire shine spray out there. It gives a deep, wet look that lasts. I have also tried Meguiars new “NXT” line and it is the closest thing to rival Zaino with it’s deep luster capabilities and the convenience of avaliability. YOu can only get Zanio online or through a distributor if you are lucky to come across one.

I am also a Meguiars fan. When we buff the cars we go through the multi-step process with Meguiar’s products. I will check out the Zaino site. I agree that Meguiar’s ‘HotShine’ is the best tire product out there. First time I used it I couldn’t believe how long it lasted. I also like their Quik-Detailer and Final Inspection along with their other products. One problem I run into once in a while is that the stores don’t stock enough of the product. It seems alot of the stores in the area buy just 1 at a time, too cheap to keep a larger inventory I guess.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    I also like their Quik-Detailer and Final Inspection along with their other products. One problem I run into once in a while is that the stores don’t stock enough of the product. It seems alot of the stores in the area buy just 1 at a time, too cheap to keep a larger inventory I guess.

Quik-Detailer is one of the best products they ever came out with and they seemed to have cornered that part of the car care market. Now you have the competition with Eagle One and Black Magic with their version but nothing compares to the Quick Detailer. Meguiars NXT speed detailer is just as good. Final Inspection is hard to come by locally. The only place I have had luck has been carcareonline.com. The professional grade (Meguiars tan bottles) are my first preference if they are avaliable.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

@GTO Man: what is the name of the stuff that you use on your chrome that has such great results? I’m drawing a blank right now…

GTO Man
    Quote:
    @GTO Man: what is the name of the stuff that you use on your chrome that has such great results? I’m drawing a blank right now…

I know what your talking about but I can’t think of the name. We have seen it at swap meets but they do sell it locally I understand. It is great for chrome, the dashboard plastic, and is recommended for Corvettes. A friend has a ’87 and a 2000 Corvette and he will use this stuff on it. But he won’t use a California duster on his Corvette’s. I will find the name tomorrow and post it.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.