We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Automotion 2006

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Automotion 2006

What’s your rating for Automotion 2006? To rate the show just select “Rate The Show” from the dropdown menu:
    [img]http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10002/rate.JPG[/img]

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I would give this show a rating of A. A lot of positives:

1. Blacktop and cars spread out over every other stall
    2. Large turnout, a lot of quality cars and plenty to see
    3. Other activities like a dyno, swap meet, and car corral
    4. Good and accessible food and facilities
    5. Good Weather
    6. Good distance from Madison, not too far
    7. Award tags so you know if you’ve won an award by 1:00

Now for the few negatives:

1. The music was a bit loud in the area I was sitting
    2. It seemed a bit disorganized as far as registration goes if you weren’t pre-registered

Overall this was a great show, with great weather and many fantastic cars to see. Garibaldi’s rating is an A

Anonymous
    Inactive

MMRJR rates this show as a solid B.

This was my year at Automotion and I was a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of top notch cars. Without a doubt, this is the largest show I have ever attended and the cars outnumber the cars that you would typically see at a regional Good Guys show. The cars were phenomenal in quality and extent of restoration, and there was a good mix of cars, too.

When I left at midafternoon on Saturday, there were cars still coming in and very little parking space to put them in.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Did you get any pictures this weekend Marshall?

What did you guys think of the dyno at Automotion? It was a little out of place I thought, it was right in the middle of the show cars and was kind of a disruption since it was on all day

Amigo2k

I would give it an A. This was my first large car show. Most shows I’ve been to have an average of about 50 cars. I liked the dyno since it was something different. I never ran into the live music. I went with a friend who isn’t into cars so it was a quick 2 hours that I was there.

As long as the weather is nice Saturday next year I’m planning on heading up early and then pulling out before the cruise to park on the main strip to watch the cars go by.

-Ryan

circletrack
    Participant

I gave it a B…. Noah’s Ark is a great place to have the event, the parking was nice and organized. I would suggest they have the swap in the lower half of the lot and park the cars closer to the top. I’m not sure how they did their judging as we never saw a judge walk around and some of the cars that won were a bit questionable. I don’t know how you can judge 1000+ cars fairly. The award stickers didn’t go over too well with many. It was nice to know you won, but also took the fun out of the awards. Many people left early as they knew they weren’t going to win and it was a mute point to stick around for nothing.

The weather has been really good the last couple years, let’s hope Automotion 2007 takes place!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I never ran into the live music. I went with a friend who isn’t into cars so it was a quick 2 hours that I was there.

It wasn’t actually live music to the best of my knowledge, just playing over the Noah’s Ark speaker system, which wasn’t the greatest

I also didn’t see judges, I’m not sure if they were just very discrete or how they judged

Anonymous
    Inactive

I give the Automotion 2006 an A/B. This is a show I have attended the last two years with my husband. There are a large group of us that go up there together. My negatives with the show this year was with the judging. I didn’t see any of the judges get off the golf carts and actually look closely at the cars. I would like to see them go back to judging by class as they have in the past. I didn’t like where the stickers were placed on the windsheilds, it was really hard to get off after it baked in the sun all day on Sat. and Sun. We were on the main strip for all the excitement on Saturday night and it was a really great time.[/b]

GTO Man

I would rate the show a B+. Originally I thought the stickers placed on the windows was not a bad idea. But it does take something away when the prize winners are already known. One of the fun aspects of a show is a chance of winning when the prizes are awarded. Plus if the stickers are difficult to remove they made a poor choice to use them. I didn’t see any judging going on at all. If they were riding in carts and didn’t take the time to look at the cars a little closer than that, then the judging is a joke. It is a great setting for a show, plenty of room between cars and a clean surface. It always brings out alot of great cars that people put alot of time and effort into.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Welcome 426 Hemi! Great to have you on the forum!

Were the judges the same guys passing out the registration at the entrance? Did anyone see them get out of their carts while judging?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.