We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Automotion 2008

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

You can rate it by selecting Rate The Show from the Insert Message dropdown. You can then fill out all the categories by giving your review and a final grade

ratetheshowhowto.jpg

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Very easy. Got there at 8:05 and there were already 250 parked.

Parking Location – Blacktop and plenty of space between and behind the cars

Class Organization – ???

Trophies & Prizes – I didn’t go Sunday

Food – I packed a lunch (which my be a trend for me this year)

Entertainment – Live band and music piped in through the speakers in the lot

Judging – Yes.

Dash Plaque – Probably the best one I’ve ever seen.

Variety of Cars – Lots of muscle cars.

Bathrooms – I think it was ok. The needed trash cans at the spot where the car cruise would be lined up.

Weather – Temp was good, the wind was a bit much at times.

Trophy Presentation Timing

Entry Fee – 15 which is fine for a show of this size.

Overall Rating:A

A great show to start the year off with.
    Couple of my favorites:

[img]https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rendres/web/carshow2008/automotion1.JPG[/img]

[img]https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rendres/web/carshow2008/automotion2.JPG[/img]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH5_heLa17o[/youtube]

circletrack
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – This show is very easy to find, we were there by 8 a.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. Sunday, no issues.
    Parking Location – They have done a much better job at getting the cars in the lot and allowing everyone to have the space they need.
    Class Organization – ??? This really confuses me as when you register you aren’t given any choices but yet when trophies are announced there are classes??
    Trophies & Prizes – The awards given looked great, and the door prizes were nice too. Another thing confusing this year was many brought a non perishable food item as according to the website and registration form you would be eligible for a $100 award, but when we registered the girls at the trailer told us to put the food item in the barrell and the girl handing out the info sheets indicated that was a mistake?? Who knows…
    Food – I know they ran out of burgers/brats during the day on Saturday and were selling at 50% off on Sunday. I didn’t purchase anything there, but saw plenty of people walking around with $6.50 Bloody Marys?!! Yowsa!
    Entertainment – Plenty of everything, the music was at a nice volume, I appreciated that!
    Judging – No offense to anyone that won (Congrats Marshall!!) but there were some HANDS DOWN beautiful cars that didn’t win awards this weekend and others that were very questionable that walked away with awards. I would like to see some real judging done at this event, not just driving by on the golf cart looking at the cars…
    Dash Plaque – Nice!
    Variety of Cars – You can’t get any better, many cars I’ve never seen before and others that made changes/improvements over the winter.
    Bathrooms – Plenty of portables, more garbage cans would’ve been nice.
    Weather – It started out sunny and beautiful Saturday morning but was pouring rain by 3 p.m. It rained on and off until at least midnight and was COLD Sunday when we woke. Not what I was looking forward to, but I still managed to get sunburned.
    Trophy Presentation Timing – Great! They started on time, kept it moving and we were out of there within 45 minutes.
    Entry Fee – $10 for two days, it doesn’t get better than that.
    Overall Rating: B

This was a good show, we always look forward to getting away after a LONG winter and relaxing with friends. The weather wasn’t cooperative for the second straight year and less than half the cars returned today making me wonder if this should become a 1 day show instead of 2?

I still don’t understand their judging selections and when they announced classes that weren’t on the registration form, it’s confusing to many. One of our members won in the “Survivor” class for a car he drives just about every day, but I suppose they do things for a reason.

The other thing I’d like to see worked on is getting people out of the park faster, if possible. When it started to rain yesterday 75% of the participants decided to leave at the same time. I heard today some were in line for up to an hour waiting to get out. There really should be another exit or some direction on getting out in a timely manner. I don’t think there’s ever been a medical emergency or anything of that nature, but it would be difficult to get out if you really needed to.

The police didn’t seem too bad this year, but I think the weather put a damper on many outdoor activities Saturday night. The cruising/car show season has officially begun! Thank goodness! :)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A – very easy to go to from Madison and it was well marked
    Parking Location – A – all areas of the parking lot are nice and they space the cars out well, about a stall and a half
    Class Organization – ?? – like circletrack said you didn’t select a class on your form, but there were classes??
    Trophies & Prizes – A
    Food – A – nice variety even popcorn and a pork roast
    Entertainment – D – I didn’t hear much variety, for a lot of it it seems like they alternated between The Beatles and The Beach Boys every other track. I like both of these groups a lot but its nice to see a wider variety of music
    Judging – B – I didn’t stay for the awards but it seemed like they were judging, though it seems they spent more time on some cars than others. Also I think putting the “award” stickers on the windshield is a nice touch, that way you know if you’ve won in case you want to take off early
    Dash Plaque – A – nice
    Variety of Cars – A+! As always there’s cars-a-plenty at Automotion. I noticed many very nice hot rods, moreso than other years
    Bathrooms – C – Good but they used to have some more on the lower parking lot, which were missing this year
    Weather – B – nice but rain in the afternoon, not too hot though!
    Trophy Presentation Timing – N/A didn’t stay
    Entry Fee – C – $15
    Overall Rating:A This is a very fun show and a great start to the season. I am always amazed at the sheer number of cars and how all of them are high quality which really makes it enjoyable!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am in agreement with Circletrack. 😯

I did win an award, but I don’t know why. icon_scratch.gif

All I can say is the judges “liked what they liked”, and those cars that they liked (for whatever reason) won awards. It would be interesting to know what criteria the judges used in the judging process. There were no clear classes and no clear distinction between stock and highly modified cars. I walked around and looked closely at many of the cars with award stickers, and Circletrack is right, there were many very nicely done cars, presented well, that did not get an award.

I did not go on Saturday, but went up on Sunday, and there had to be less than 500 cars on Sunday.

Marshall

GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – B It is easy to find, limited access.
    Parking Location – A One of the nicest places for a car show. Plenty of room between the cars, no mud.
    Class Organization – C Doesn’t seem to be any.
    Trophies & Prizes – N/A Wasn’t there on Sunday, didn’t receive a door prize.
    Food – B Pretty good variety.
    Entertainment – B+ A live band adds allot.
    Judging – N/A Judging system is unclear
    Dash Plaque – A Great.
    Variety of Cars – A One of the best show of the year for variety of cars.
    Bathrooms – B- Could you more in the parking lot down below
    Weather – B- Typical of weather we have been having
    Trophy Presentation Timing – N/A
    Entry Fee – A $10 for pre-registering.
    Overall Rating:B+

This show is always allot of fun to start the season. It is a great atmosphere. It may be the best atmosphere of the year for a pure car show.

moparkid25
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A, easy to get to.
    Parking Location – A, right near the plastic potties and the concessions both days.
    Class Organization – Ha, you Martin’s are funny people!
    Trophies & Prizes – A, the plaques are very nice this year
    Food – A, just don’t eat the pizza
    Entertainment – C, if you dig the pinsetters.
    Judging – I agree with Rachael, a toothless lady in a golfcart picking a car because it is a pretty shade of blue isn’t right.
    Dash Plaque – A, nice.
    Variety of Cars – A, lots I’ve never seen before
    Bathrooms – A, well located throughtout the park
    Weather – sucked, again.
    Trophy Presentation Timing – B, one time for once.
    Entry Fee – $15, that’s 7.50 for two days
    Overall Rating:A

This is one of my favorite shows all year. I did a burnout in front of my hotel this year and got away with it too, no cops and it was for a few little kids watching the cruisers

icon_headbang.gif

intmdatr3
    Participant

dontknow.gif Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?)
    Parking Location
    Class Organization
    Trophies & Prizes
    Food
    Entertainment
    Judging
    Dash Plaque
    Variety of Cars
    Bathrooms
    Weather
    Entry Fee
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here ]Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?)[/bSpecific Ratings (A-F):
    Parking Location
    Class Organization
    Trophies & Prizes
    Food
    Entertainment
    Judging
    Dash Plaque
    Variety of Cars
    Bathrooms
    Weather
    Entry Fee
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here] –
    Parking Location
    Class Organization
    Trophies & Prizes
    Food
    Entertainment
    Judging
    Dash Plaque
    Variety of Cars
    Bathrooms
    Weather
    Entry Fee
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Parking Location
    Class Organization
    Trophies & Prizes
    Food
    Entertainment
    Judging
    Dash Plaque
    Variety of Cars
    Bathrooms
    Weather
    Entry Fee
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here

intmdatr3
    Participant

I couldn’t figure out how to rate the show.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I couldn’t figure out how to rate the show.

No problem, I can help! All you have to do is click the Insert Message dropdown and click the Rate The Show link once. That will place a bunch of premade text into your box. You can then click on each line and type your rating for each of the areas after the premade text. Here’s a screenshot:

ratetheshowhowto.jpg

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.