We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Automotion – Will they, or won't they?

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

Cancel the event because of the Covid19 garbage we’re dealing with? As of right now, it is still on.

I have a feeling it will be cancelled. I hope I’m wrong, because I’ve been waiting to do car things all winter.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

I’m sure they will cancel it… The state of VA is doing safe at home until Jun 10th. The Bandit Run (3rd weeks of June) is canceled. Camaro Fest end of July was canceled. I’m sure Hot Rod power will be canceled.

My guess is that in June we will see gathering under 50 allowed again, and maybe back to normal in july – sep and then back down again oct-Jan.

Without a miracle drug or vaccine, people will continue to get sick and die.

GTO Man

Social distncing and let the scientists develop a vaccine, that is the only way to get through this at this point, especially with the shortage of medical equipment.

All events will be cancelled into the summer, I believe. And it will be interesting to see the long term impact on peoples lives.

The RM auction had very good sales online, that may be the only option in the short term.

Impossible to calculate the economic impact. People need to support local businesses, many have curbside and delivery options now.

moparkid25
    Participant

If they don’t get this virus under control, summer is really going to suck.

I think many have already had it, thinking it was the flu. What I don’t like is we get the numbers of the deaths related to coronavirus, but we don’t hear how many people had other health issues. How many that died were over 60 years old? How prolonged were the symptoms prior to receiving medical care? I’m a guy who likes facts and research. I’m also a guy who’s gonna be really pissed off if my summer is ruined because someone decided to eat a bunch of bats in another country.

Let’s not forget its also an election year. No Russian collusion, no dirt on Justice Kavanaugh, no one believes Stormy Daniels, no impeachment…. Is this the next chapter in the Democrats playbook to oust Trump? I wouldn’t put it past them.

Amigo2k

The new date is Sep 13-14

Gunner
    Participant

Very wise and expected that the new date would be several weeks after the long Labor Day weekend. Hopefully the large summer crowds will have gone home, and traffic congestion will not be so bad.

Usually. the weather is still on the warm side in September.

moparkid25
    Participant

I’ve thought about this for a couple days. Having this event in September may actually be better, this year will determine. The weather is usually good, where in May its questionable. Having it in Sept after labor day means a lot of the attractions are closed. I guess we shall see.

I’ve about had it with the Government telling me what to do, and not being able to do anything.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.