We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip can we touch on classes?

• Creator
    Topic
    jonmandude
    Participant

We are now part way into the 2012 season and already most show reviews have comments on classes, and cars parked in wrong classes.

I am of the view that every car and every style should be allowed, whether you like it or not. I cannot stand the shows with year cut-offs. To me what they are saying is that they want the hobby to die with the old guys, or they want to keep it for only the wealthiest of individuals that can afford the $100K+ cars. From rat rods to classic street rods, from street machines to modern muscle, from low riders to donks, from Corvettes to tuners. It is all part of this great hobby, it is all hot rodding. Show organizers should consider this. Broaden your sight and include all.

For cars parked in the wrong classes. There are two problems. Either they are trying to cheat to win or they were given wrong info.

If a car is parked in the wrong class, the judges should be knowledgeable enough to see it (or they shouldn’t be judging). If they see a car parked in the wrong class, they should ask the owner why they are in that class. Maybe there is a reason, like “the person at registration or at the entrance told me I belong in this class”. If that is the case, they should be judged in the proper class. If that is not the reason then they should not be judged..period. Or there should be a HUGE deduction for wrong class.

This past weekend at Blanchardville (and also at Beaver Dam), I asked the person at the entrance what class I should be in. They asked me questions about some of the work I had done and told me which class I would fit best in. I have no issues with that. If it turns out to be the wrong class, I have no problems with any decision made. I don’t ever want to receive a trophy that should have gone to someone more deserving. I do not know how anyone could take pride in that.

Other ideas??

Viewing 5 replies - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

Received an interesting comment this weekend about year limits.

“by limiting years they are telling me they do not want me there”

Is that how anyone really wants their show to be thought of?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It appears that Watertown will need to fix this issue, also, one way or the other for next years show. According to their flyer, nothing newer than 1990 was allowed into their show. But, there were plenty of new or newer Mustangs and new or newer Corvettes. The Mustangs and Shelbys were in the “special interest” class! I saw other “newer” cars that were in todays show, competing and being judged. They’re gonna have to decide whether all new and newer cars/trucks are coming in, or none are.

circletrack
    Participant

That is exactly why we do not exclude newer cars at our show… I never want anyone to feel like they are not welcome. I may not always agree on your choice of vehicle, but it’s yours, you love it and are proud of it.

circletrack
    Participant
    RedSoloCup wrote:
    It appears that Watertown will need to fix this issue, also, one way or the other for next years show. According to their flyer, nothing newer than 1990 was allowed into their show. But, there were plenty of new or newer Mustangs and new or newer Corvettes. The Mustangs and Shelbys were in the “special interest” class! I saw other “newer” cars that were in todays show, competing and being judged. They’re gonna have to decide whether all new and newer cars/trucks are coming in, or none are.

Watertown needs a lot more help than that.. :)

jonmandude
    Participant
    circletrack wrote:
    That is exactly why we do not exclude newer cars at our show… I never want anyone to feel like they are not welcome. I may not always agree on your choice of vehicle, but it’s yours, you love it and are proud of it.

well said

Viewing 5 replies - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.