We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Car Auction on Saturday?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is anyone planning on going to the car auction on Saturday at noon? I won’t be able to make it, but I would love to know how much the blue 68 Mustang convertible brings (high bid).

Marshall

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

I am going to try and get there. Both cars look as if they are in good shape.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great!
    Even if you are not a buyer, just watching the action unfold in front of you on these two cars would be worth the trip! I would guess that there will be some “spirited” bidding on both cars, but especially the Olds Cutlass Convert.
    Enjoy yourself, and please let us know what the “hammer” price ends up being.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I am going to try and get there. Both cars look as if they are in good shape.

Let me know if you’re going to go!

Where is it at?

GTO Man

We went to the auction today. Looked at the cars for a short time and left. The Cutlass and Mustang bodies were in good shape, no visible rust and looked as though they had been painted not too long ago. Both interiors would need to be redone in my opinion. Alot of detail work needed to be done on both cars. The Mustang looked to be pretty much original excpet for the paint. It had a 2-barrel with a 289. It would be nice to find out what they went for. If you could get them for 10k or under apiece, that would be a pretty good price. Andy tooks some pics and is going to post them I believe.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yep I took several pics, but for some reason my card is now “corrupted” so I’m trying to recover them. They’ll be up in a bit

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Well my stupid camera card got corrupted somehow. I was able to recover these two images though:
    normal_img16.jpg

normal_img15.jpg

GTO Man

It looked as though there were about 150 people at the auction.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    It looked as though there were about 150 people at the auction.

But by the time it got over only 120 because 30 of them froze where they stood – it was absolutely freezing out there!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

yeah but who cares how cold it is.. most of the classic car buffs like me would go out to look at em even if it was -20 haha

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    yeah but who cares how cold it is.. most of the classic car buffs like me would go out to look at em even if it was -20 haha

True, but there were only two classics there

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.