We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows car classes

• Creator
    Topic
    thekcarguy
    Participant

looking at the syttendi Mai form I noticed they changed the class from a 10 year different to 1971-Present.. now isn’t that a bit unfair? I wonder if it has something do with just two 80’s cars last year, my two K-cars and a caddie..K-car won. This year I am looking to Enter my surviving 81 Reliant into the survivor class against a really beat up GTO judge with a torn vinyl top, plenty of rust, incorrect seats ect ect…

They should have just stuck with the 10 year difference….what do you guys think?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

It could be a way to save costs or just a personal preference of the show organizers to focus on cars 40 yrs or older or if they are short on space this may help since the folks interested in an award may skip the show or they will attend another show that day.

moparkid25
    Participant

I agree with both points. Yes, its hard to have a late-model car in the same class as a restored, 40 year old car. Yes, it does widen the playing field and will likely send the trophy mongers elsewhere.

I think Ryan has it right though as it may be due to space allowed for show vehicles. Some shows are also organized and do not plan for a large turnout, only 30-50 cars. What pisses me off when I see classes like this is when a late model muscle car thats fresh off the showroom floor beats out a fully restored classic that may have taken years to be perfected. That’s where the class designation should be more defined, and nowdays a lot of shows are implementing a Modern Muscle Car class.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.