We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises and Shows for April 8 to April 14

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

I added a show for April 13, Miller and Sons Supermarkets in Verona and Mt. Horeb are having a car show on Saturday to cap off their Anniversary Week. 10A-3P, at both locations. Miller’s just built an awesome new store in Mt. Horeb, and it looks like after the rain we got today, plus what’s coming the rest of the week, they might be able to get a few cars at this thing B)

GTO Man

I added to the post. Miller & Sons is a nice store. I would rather give them business than the chains.

Luxuryliners
    Participant

So am I correct to interpret that there are 2 shows going on simultaneously at both locations…that of course would leave a decision ahead…Mt Horeb is closer to me anyone else going there?

Amigo2k

73301_585330484819996_1354200711_n.jpg

moparkid25
    Participant
    Luxuryliners wrote:
    So am I correct to interpret that there are 2 shows going on simultaneously at both locations…that of course would leave a decision ahead…Mt Horeb is closer to me anyone else going there?

Yes, both locations are having events at the same time. The Mt. Horeb store is brand new, and is everything a grocery store should be!! They have a nice new parking lot too. I’ll be talking with Bill Miller tomorrow to get a little more info about parking, etc. I do know they are going to keep enough space open for about 20-25 cars, but will have some reserve room available if they need it. There will be no awards, but they do have a brat stand Saturday too!! Millers brats are a Weds tradition for my lunch in the summer, and if anything ill be going for those. If the weather pans out, the GN will get its oil changed and make an appearance there B)

circletrack
    Participant

We may drive out with our regular car, the Chevelle doesn’t come out of storage for a few weeks yet, I hope the weather cooperates!

Luxuryliners
    Participant

Let me know what Bill says. If you don’t need to hang around the full 10 to 3pm it might be interesting to evaluate the possibility of cruising from one show to the other given they are not too far apart. Hope the weather warms up a bit this cold is becoming tedious. Maybe I should bring my new toy/daily driver, a black 04 Town Car ultimate took the one warm day we had this week to polish it up.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Luxuryliners wrote:
    Let me know what Bill says. If you don’t need to hang around the full 10 to 3pm it might be interesting to evaluate the possibility of cruising from one show to the other given they are not too far apart. Hope the weather warms up a bit this cold is becoming tedious. Maybe I should bring my new toy/daily driver, a black 04 Town Car ultimate took the one warm day we had this week to polish it up.

Bill stopped by my shop today and we spent some time discussing where cars could park, how many people I thought qould be there, etc. The show vehicles will have a seperate area to park away from the store shoppers. He is going ro start with space for 20 cars, and if (by a miracle) more would show up, additional space will be available. Bill also said he has quite a few calls asking about the event on Saturday, so I hope the interest transforms into a parking lot full of cars. Provided the weather is decent, Ill take my car. I was asked if I would help park cars, So I hope to be there by 10-10:30. Im not a big helper when it comes to donating my time, but since Bill asked and my mom is a manager, I had a hard time saying no…. To this day, the only higher power I fear is my mom :whistle:

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I can come out for a couple of hours. I have to leave by about noon. Even with the cold it will be good to get the car out again .I have the inside put together well enough, doing the A/C install,to go.

Luxuryliners
    Participant

I’m going to try to get out there by 10:30 or 11, charged up the battery and fired up the Caddy’s v8 for the first time since October last night, missed that purr. Hopefully this drizzly crap will end by tommorrow a.m.

GTO Man

It’s cool but the sun is out.

moparkid25
    Participant

I went to the Mt. Horeb venue for about an hour, there were 3 cars there including mine. I guess some had come and gone before I got there, but it is what it is. The Chevy dealer had a ZL1 Camaro there, that was cool, and someone had a Pontiac Solstice. It was uber chilly, so I got some groceries and went home.

My mom also hooked me up with a pan of homemade brownies B)

D.Dawg
    Participant

I paid a visit to Miller’s in Verona around noon and had a brat. There were about 10 cars showing at that time.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I got to Mt Horeb just after 10. Only a few there including Steve with the 63 vette. it was VERY windy and cold, so we both decided to go to Verona to see if it was warmer.It was much less windy there and I had a brat and hung out till noon.

circletrack
    Participant

Does he still drive that Corvette year around? I’ll never forget a couple years ago driving up to Back to the 50’s, he had everything but the kitchen sink strapped on that car….

It was sleeting here this morning, not a good day for anything – I sure hope this weather changes and soon!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.