We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises and Shows for August 13 to August 19

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

I’m planning on heading the QSL right after work to grab super and enjoy a lot full of cars (right now the weather is looking good).

Saturday afternoon I’m planning on heading to the good guys as spectator (if not saturday then sunday).

I’m guessing there will be a lot of cars cruising East Wash Friday and Saturday night (I have a friend that owns a business on East Wash by the capitol and he is planning on letting a few friends park their cars there, and sit in a couple of chairs to watch the cars go by….).

circletrack
    Participant

Thursday night we’re going to head out to Cindy Lou’s and probably cruise around some of the hotels in the area to check out the cars. Saturday we’re going to head to Good Guys, my husband is looking to sell his Camaro. I still haven’t found out how much the corral is, we’re thinking $50. That show isn’t cheap! :(

I agree with the cruising this weekend, let’s hope Madison PD realizes this is a ONE weekend a year event!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I hope it goes well too! QSL will be amazing this week so be sure and check it out, come early!

jonmandude
    Participant

We plan on coning off the lot both friday and saturday nights as well.

thursday promises to be a good time. Heck with Johnny Rocker playin ghow bad can it be?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks for the updates Jon

jonmandude
    Participant

Tonight is the night. Johnny Rocker, 200+ cars (I hope), perfect weather, and us. I have had nothing but good feedback so far.

moparkid25
    Participant

I’m not real pleased when I found out it will cost almost $20 just to get into goodguys as a spectator, therefore I’ve decided not to attend. However, Friday after work I’ll be going to Zurbachen’s in Verona and buying as much 109 Sunoco race fuel I can fit in my cans!

I’m optimistic that the night cruising scene will be better than the show thumbsup.gif

icon_headbang.gif

Amigo2k

I think the Good Guys tickets are like 13 bucks, and they are handing out coupins for 2 bucks off.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a flyer for the 5th annual Cambridge show on Saturday. I am planning on going to the GoodGuys show on Friday, and showing my car in Cambridge on Saturday (weather permitting).
    Marshall

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    I have a flyer for the 5th annual Cambridge show on Saturday. I am planning on going to the GoodGuys show on Friday, and showing my car in Cambridge on Saturday (weather permitting).
    Marshall

You got some info on that Cambridge show? I might be inclined to attend that one. PM me with it, or if you could post some info here.

Thanks!!

icon_headbang.gif

circletrack
    Participant

We decided to attend Good Guys afterall, we’ll see how the weekend goes. Rain and temps in the 60’s don’t sound like fun. My husband registered one of our cars today and said there was less than 50 cars at the Mariott, hopefully they start to come in. I’m surprised we haven’t seen anything at the hotels, I remember when Americruise came into town the hotels were booked days in advance!

jonmandude
    Participant

When I went to the Marriot to register (about 2:00pm) there was about 50 cars as well. But remember they had a cruise to Baraboo from 10:00am, so many of the cars were there. I spoke with the Good Guys brass on Wednesday and they said that they had more pre-registered cars this year than any year in Waukesha. They hope to be over 2000 cars. I agree that the weather Saturday sounds like a downer and may stop some people from coming from other cities. We will see. The last I heard Sunday the rain is expected to head north, so maybe Sunday won’t be so bad (of course you have to believe in the weatherman LOL)

Amigo2k
    Quote:
    Americruise came into town the hotels were booked days in advance!

That was the name of cruise, when they parked the cars around the capitol. I remember I was in college and brought a video camera to tape some of the cars.

I’m planning on heading out after work tonight, to take a cruise by some of the hotels to see if there are a bunch of cars around and then take a lap on East Wash.

I’m hoping the rain stays away ….

GTO Man

Here is a link to the show info.

http://cambridgemainstreet.org/index.php?pr=Car_Show

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks GTOMan, Sorry for the confusion.
    You have to look really hard at this flyer that I have to see that it is Cambridge, IL and not Cambridge, Wi

I’m not sure where Cambridge, IL is, but that is where tomorrow’s show is.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.