We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises and Shows for August 13 to August 19

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

I didn’t realize that it was in Illinois, I just posted the link I found. It kind of looks like Cambridge Wisconsin.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, I know, the same thing happened to me. It is just way too easy to get this one confused with a local show.

The annual car show in Cambridge, Wi will be Labor Day and that is the Lake Ripley show that has been around for alot of years.

Our closest show tomorrow would be the Father Marquette Days show in Montello.

Marshall

Amigo2k

I drove out to the Marriott tonight, there were about 175-200 cars. They had most of the lot blocked off for rods, a live band. It was set up like a typical car show setting with folks sitting behind their cars. You didn’t need to be part of the Good Guys, you could just drive in and park. The cars going to the Good Guys show have window stickers, and the highest number I saw was 1053.

After this I swung over to East Wash. The dealership at Stoughton road and East Wash had some of the classic cars out for sale, and the guys from House of Horse Power were their too. They had a Tent, and chairs set up to watch the cars drive by. I didn’t see many cars during my lap. I did see a few cops ready to jump into action though. . .

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like a great time Ryan!

Quote:
    they said that they had more pre-registered cars this year than any year in Waukesha

That is great news for Madison and this show here in the future! I talked to someone who went today (Sat) and they said there were about 1500 cars they thought today despite the rain. I decided to not go because of the rain but plan on attending tomorrow. Today the forecast says thunderstorms and flash flood warnings after 3PM but tomorrow is only scattered showers so I think that sounds like a better bet.

circletrack
    Participant

I went today and I don’t think there were anywhere near 1500 cars, more like a 200-300, but still good considering the wet rainy conditions. The entertainment was cancelled for today and tonight, what a shame. I’m hoping tomorrow is better!

jonmandude
    Participant

I was there from 9:00 until 2:00 there were definitely more at 9:30 than at 11:00. Once the rain started falling people were leaving while others were coming in. I would say at most it was around 700, maybe 750. The 1500 could be how many are entered. The highest number I saw was on Gary Esse’s 57 limo, which was almost 1200. I am sure there is more than that.

I have been watching the radar and it looks like we have another wave of rain building at the Iowa-Wisconsin boarder. That should be here later tonight. Hopefully that is it and it will clear in the morning. It would be nice to end the Good Guys show with sun.

Amigo2k

I’m planning on heading there tomorrow. Lets hope some of the owners stick around, before they have to leave for home.

GTO Man

I left a little after noon. I would say there were somewhere between 600 and 800 cars. I hope the weather tomorrow cooperates. Allot of cool cars.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Yeah, I know, the same thing happened to me. It is just way too easy to get this one confused with a local show.

The annual car show in Cambridge, Wi will be Labor Day and that is the Lake Ripley show that has been around for alot of years.

Our closest show tomorrow would be the Father Marquette Days show in Montello.

Marshall

You and GTO man weren’t the only ones confused, I make 3. I got looking at the pic’s from the posted link and thought “Ive never heard of a GM dealership in Cambridge…” I had to call a friend who lives that way and ask, she says “there’s no car show here saturday!”

As for the goodguys show, I hope a lot of them cars are watertight! As I post here, I’m looking out the window and watch the down pour! I went down to East Wash last night, but only made it a block before I ran into a few friends hanging out at Don Miller. That’s about as far as I got, and saw some cool stuff cruising around!

icon_headbang.gif

jonmandude
    Participant
    Quote:
    As for the goodguys show, I hope a lot of them cars are watertight!

You know the saddest thing to see today at the show was many, MANY street rods that had not tops or side windows in the rain. Most had covers, but there were more than a few wide open to the elements. All I could do is hang my head and feel for the owners that made the trip here to the show only to fill there cars with water. I hope the ones that were open eventually got covered and I hope they weren’t leather.

Amigo2k

I was wondering about some of the open cars. I thought maybe they would of covered them with a small personal pop-up tent.

circletrack
    Participant

It’s safe to say if things don’t improve overnight, we won’t be going back tomorrow. The amount of rain today has been unbelievable, along with the cold temps.

I really didn’t think there were that many cars there today according to what you all saw, there seemed to be a steady stream leaving and I saw many heading to hotels and/or home.

At least the Packers won! icon_cheers.gif

circletrack
    Participant

I think it’s safe to say this weekend has been a “wash”… :( I don’t know how much rain we received overnight, but some of the road around Sun Prairie are closed due to the high water on the roads. We have water in our basement we’re trying to get out, this just plain sucks! crybaby2.gif

GTO Man

What will they do with all the prizes at the Good Guys Show. I can’t see many if any cars going today. The weekend was a real washout.

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    What will they do with all the prizes at the Good Guys Show. I can’t see many if any cars going today. The weekend was a real washout.

I’m not sure, I think the major ones were due to be given away around 1:30. I know I’m not taking my car out in the rain (again) just to see if I win a prize. I have a feeling many have already headed home if they looked at the radar and/or forecast. Maybe they moved things up a bit?

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.