Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises and Shows for August 27 to Labor Day

  • This topic has 34 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #40486
    AvatarAnonymous
    Inactive
    Bigbluetruck wrote:
    Bigbluetruck wrote:
    circletrack wrote:
    Not to add fuel to any fire, but at almost every judged show I’ve attended, an announcement regarding those who think they have not been judged is made, so you need to speak up and let the organizers know you’ve been overlooked if that is the case (for anyone).

    Here are the head judges comments:

    As you see Mr Kinnamon now thinks this judging sheet is a forgery. He has given us all the information we need to close this matter.

    Mr Kinnamon entered Class “CC” =2001 to present with an 2003 chev truck (approx 7-8 years old depending on its in-service date)

    1)he said he was not parked on the lake side, but if he would have scrolled down further ,the back of the sheet shows where he put an”x” mark that shows his true location.(which is by the tennis court as he stated)
    2) If this was “filled out recently” as he says ,how did his hand writing get in the owners information box?(I contacted the head of registration who told me the vehicle owner fills that out.
    3)He mentioned he has “an almost perfect body”, and that his seats are ” like new seats”
    4)”he has added alot of chrome and his wheels are highly polished” this is nice but do you have any “curb marks that dont polish out, /things that are not mentioned but seen at the show? Lets remember it was raining last year so chrome evaluations will be tough to verify in the rain. we judge on what we see. besides the amount of chrome does not change the score.
    5)” his paint is like looking in a mirrior” Again it was raining last year.

    I did speak up, they said i was judged but could not or would not allow me to see my judging sheet.

    It took me 11 months to get a copy of my judging sheet or what they say is my judging sheet.What made me suspect that it was a made up judging sheet was the map location where they say i was parked at lakeside when in fact i was parked at the far end of the tennis court near the frog pond and next to the food and silent auction area.They tried to say my truck was dirty from the rain when in fact i took it to a self serve car wash in town then wiped it all down at the show. Go to the show website, click on 2011 picture gallery 2nd page top right corner you will see my truck and how clean it was and see that i was not parked lakeside. They scored my truck 60 out of 100. they gave my tires and wheels a 5 out of 10,Ithink some one just tried to remember or guess what and where my truck was and how it looked. I have copies of my so called judging sheets if any one cares to look at it.

    #40482
    AvatarAnonymous
    Inactive

    This was a follow-up email to BigBlueTruck:

    “John,

    Considering all, I agree that it would be best that you not volunteer to judge at Pardeeville this year.

    Even more so, if you were to judge, you would definitely not want to judge the class that your truck would be competing in. Even with everything being on the up and up, the other competitors in your class would notice and comment, if you were to win an award.

    I know that you are a competitor and I know that you compete to win, so I will suggest that you come to Pardeeville, bring your truck and put it in the show, and enjoy the day.

    I can assure you that Jim and Vicki simply forgot to forward your judging sheet. Greg Keip, our head judge, found your judging sheet and got it to you right away. I can also assure you that no one “screwed you over”.

    See you at the next show……

    Regards,

    Marshall Reed”

    And you are still sticking to your claim that I told you you could not bring your truck to Pardeeville?

    #40487
    Amigo2kAmigo2k
    Moderator

    I’m planning on heading to Pardeeville too …

    I’ll be doing the show only option (which many shows don’t even offer this)…

    603554_197138663749828_865542572_n.jpg

    378235_197988970331464_240118347_n.jpg

    #40488
    AvatarBigbluetruck
    Participant
    MMRJR wrote:
    Bigbluetruck wrote:
    Bigbluetruck wrote:
    circletrack wrote:
    Not to add fuel to any fire, but at almost every judged show I’ve attended, an announcement regarding those who think they have not been judged is made, so you need to speak up and let the organizers know you’ve been overlooked if that is the case (for anyone).

    Here are the head judges comments:

    As you see Mr Kinnamon now thinks this judging sheet is a forgery. He has given us all the information we need to close this matter.

    Mr Kinnamon entered Class “CC” =2001 to present with an 2003 chev truck (approx 7-8 years old depending on its in-service date)

    1)he said he was not parked on the lake side, but if he would have scrolled down further ,the back of the sheet shows where he put an”x” mark that shows his true location.(which is by the tennis court as he stated)
    2) If this was “filled out recently” as he says ,how did his hand writing get in the owners information box?(I contacted the head of registration who told me the vehicle owner fills that out.
    3)He mentioned he has “an almost perfect body”, and that his seats are ” like new seats”
    4)”he has added alot of chrome and his wheels are highly polished” this is nice but do you have any “curb marks that dont polish out, /things that are not mentioned but seen at the show? Lets remember it was raining last year so chrome evaluations will be tough to verify in the rain. we judge on what we see. besides the amount of chrome does not change the score.
    5)” his paint is like looking in a mirrior” Again it was raining last year.

    I did speak up, they said i was judged but could not or would not allow me to see my judging sheet.

    It took me 11 months to get a copy of my judging sheet or what they say is my judging sheet.What made me suspect that it was a made up judging sheet was the map location where they say i was parked at lakeside when in fact i was parked at the far end of the tennis court near the frog pond and next to the food and silent auction area.They tried to say my truck was dirty from the rain when in fact i took it to a self serve car wash in town then wiped it all down at the show. Go to the show website, click on 2011 picture gallery 2nd page top right corner you will see my truck and how clean it was and see that i was not parked lakeside. They scored my truck 60 out of 100. they gave my tires and wheels a 5 out of 10,Ithink some one just tried to remember or guess what and where my truck was and how it looked. I have copies of my so called judging sheets if any one cares to look at it.

    Yes i did fill out the registration part, but if i was not judged as i suspect then the judging info would be blank and could have been filled out any time. i don`t think being at least a hundred yards from the lakeside is considered lake side. It was not raining when i arrived and i washed my truck in pardeeville and wiped it down and detailed it when i arrived at the show,it was not dirty from the rain(look at the picture on the website from last year).I still hold on to my belief and nothing you say or do will change my mind . i feel i have enough evidence to put a little doubt in most peoples minds that just maybe i am right about this.

    #40490
    GTO ManGTO Man
    Moderator

    If an empty topic creates this much controversy, I wonder what will happen when I add the shows.

    #40492
    Avatarjonmandude
    Participant

    Oh Goshdarnit!

    Wait….I’m better now. Proceed :P

    #40493
    AvatarXman
    Participant
    GTO Man wrote:
    If an empty topic creates this much controversy, I wonder what will happen when I add the shows.

    I’m lovin it..;-)

    #40494
    Amigo2kAmigo2k
    Moderator

    th_smileypopcorneating.gif

    #40491
    AvatarAnonymous
    Inactive

    OK, we are going to have to “agree to disagree” on this.

    I do want to emphasize that you are completely welcome and encouraged to participate in Saturday’s car show in Pardeeville. Your truck will be judged and judged fairly, and you will be treated as a guest and with the utmost respect. Don’t sit home on Saturday and miss one of the best shows of the year!!!

    Give it some thought, and for what its worth, no hard feeling on this end. If you choose to compete in this years show, I will personally check with you before judging closes to make sure that your truck was judged, and that all is well

    Marshall

    #40472
    AvatarXman
    Participant

    Nice to see someone extend the olive branch..:)

    #40495
    moparkid25moparkid25
    Participant

    With a show that sees 400+ cars depending on the weather, I could see where a vehicle may get missed. Generally, if the judges cannot find a vehicle, they will page the owner to the pavillion so that the owners can walk the judges to the vehicle.

    Do I think that some of the judges at Pardeeville don’t have a clue what they are looking at? Yes. However, most of the judges do a fair job and will consult with another judging team if they have questions. To be fair, I’ve been to a lot of judged shows where the judges don’t have a clue what they are looking at or for.

    Pardeeville is a good show, and competition is tough if you’re going to compete. Pardeeville is a show where I like to compete because it’s nice to win an award in front of family. Out of all the years I’ve been to Pardeeville, I’ve won one (1) award since I first attended this show in 2004-05ish. It was last year, and its one that stays in the house. Nothing wrong with competing, but sometimes you’re gonna get beat out.

    If I was bigbluetruck, I would attend this show and compete my ass off. Just because you didn’t win an award doesn’t mean you’re getting screwed. There’s people I know who won’t go back to a show if they don’t win an award, and that’s just silly. Now, if that show is a clusterf***, then I don’t blame anyone for not returning.

    I won’t be at Pardeeville this year, I’m going to see a friend in Missouri for a few days.

    Xman, say hi to the “Fan Club” for me :whistle:

    #40473
    AvatarXman
    Participant

    I’ll try moparkid25, but they probably won’t talk to me…:silly:

    #40496
    AvatarAnonymous
    Inactive
    moparkid25 wrote:
    With a show that sees 400+ cars depending on the weather, I could see where a vehicle may get missed. Generally, if the judges cannot find a vehicle, they will page the owner to the pavillion so that the owners can walk the judges to the vehicle.

    Do I think that some of the judges at Pardeeville don’t have a clue what they are looking at? Yes. However, most of the judges do a fair job and will consult with another judging team if they have questions. To be fair, I’ve been to a lot of judged shows where the judges don’t have a clue what they are looking at or for.

    Pardeeville is a good show, and competition is tough if you’re going to compete. Pardeeville is a show where I like to compete because it’s nice to win an award in front of family. Out of all the years I’ve been to Pardeeville, I’ve won one (1) award since I first attended this show in 2004-05ish. It was last year, and its one that stays in the house. Nothing wrong with competing, but sometimes you’re gonna get beat out.

    If I was bigbluetruck, I would attend this show and compete my ass off. Just because you didn’t win an award doesn’t mean you’re getting screwed. There’s people I know who won’t go back to a show if they don’t win an award, and that’s just silly. Now, if that show is a clusterf***, then I don’t blame anyone for not returning.

    I won’t be at Pardeeville this year, I’m going to see a friend in Missouri for a few days.

    Xman, say hi to the “Fan Club” for me :whistle:

    I have a similiar experience. Before I became a volunteer judge at Pardeeville, I competed every year and won a Best in Class Award, one time. I know that the quality of cars and trucks competing at this show get better and better every year.

    #40497
    circletrackcircletrack
    Participant
    moparkid25 wrote:
    Xman, say hi to the “Fan Club” for me :whistle:

    Your “other” family??

    #40498
    Avatarjonmandude
    Participant
    moparkid25 wrote:
    Nothing wrong with competing, but sometimes you’re gonna get beat out.

    Zac, this may be one of the best comments ever made on this subject, or any similar subject

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.