We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises and Shows for August 6 to August 12

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

So Marshall is going to Marshall? ;)

I’m interested in hearing how this show is …

I found an old Watertown Riverfest flyer and I would assume the classes haven’t changed much.

http://watertownriverfest.info/AutoShowRegisForm_2010.pdf

I do recall they had 39″ trophies; I remember I could set the trophy on my front seat and it peaked out the roof of my Bug. This is one of the few shows that has an Import class (unfortunately, it means the guy with a Honda is also competing with a guy with a 1958 VW Beetle)… and that trophy has since been sent off to be recycled …

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Amigo2k wrote:
    So Marshall is going to Marshall? ;)

I’m interested in hearing how this show is …

I found an old Watertown Riverfest flyer and I would assume the classes haven’t changed much.

http://watertownriverfest.info/AutoShowRegisForm_2010.pdf

I do recall they had 39″ trophies; I remember I could set the trophy on my front seat and it peaked out the roof of my Bug. This is one of the few shows that has an Import class (unfortunately, it means the guy with a Honda is also competing with a guy with a 1958 VW Beetle)… and that trophy has since been sent off to be recycled …

I did something similar a couple of weeks ago. I boxed up most of the trophies that I had won with the Mustang, and took them to Jefferson and donated them to the Graduation Car Show. They will be rebuilt, re-created, and repurposed, and used at future shows there in Jefferson.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also, I forgot to add that there may actually be two established annual car shows in Marshall. Once I am clear on this, I will post more info.

Enjoy the day at Botham! (I have heard that Botham requires every vehicle to have wheel chocks under all four tires. Is this because of the parking on steep inclines?)

Amigo2k

one wheel chock will do, but yes they recommend you have one due to the hills you park on …

I have mine with all the time in my car show clean up kit:

306840_10150824357420705_264512159_n.jpg

circletrack
    Participant

Where did you get that kit? Very cool!

Amigo2k

The bag is from Home Depot and I bought a handful of iron-on patches from Ebay, then just stuff your stuff in and you are set!

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.