We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises and Shows for Sept 24 to Sept 28

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

It looks like the summer is winding down crybaby2.gif

GTO Man

My computer was out of commission until today. Yes, it looks like the show season is winding down for the year. There are allot more choices next weekend.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sunday is the Fall Show&Shine at Jefferson. If you have never done this one, it’s a very good deal. Drive your collector car to Jefferson and park close-in to everything on grass, pay only $5, get a nice dash plaque, and enjoy the day with vendors, car corral, and the other show cars.

Does anyone know if the road is still tore up and under construction/repair, or is there new asphalt down from the drive-in up to the fairgrounds?

Marshall

lordairgtar
    Participant

links aren’t working.

GTO Man
    Quote:
    links aren’t working.

Should be fixed, I switched operating systems to Linux and some extra code was inserted in the links.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We hit the Whippoorwill on Hwy 19 outside of Mazomanie. He did have a cruise night on Thursdays but didn’t advertise it at all. I tried calling a few times but never hit when they where open.

We went out and he had taken the cruise night sign down and mentioned it didn’t go over well. He also mentioned he didn’t push it hard enough and he knew QSL takes a lot of cars.

It’s not much different then it was with the old owner. Cleaned up more. Great food, great Beer and great prices. He was fine with the kids being in the bar and let them play games and he gave them soda and stuff.

Nobody was there except us and he was glad to see us. He might do some changes next year with the date, and other ideas but regardless this might be a nice cruise night in the future. When we left we gave him a smoke and noise show also. Once great part about being out in the country. Behind the cars is the “Hawks Nest” where they have receptions, bands or other large events the bar (not pictured) can’t handle.
    :)

100_3015.jpg

lordairgtar
    Participant

Wow, that looks better than QSL. Probably cheaper too. I just got a weird vibe at QSL, not saying it’s a bad cruise night, it isn’t. I think this place in Mazomanie is more to my liking.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Wow, that looks better than QSL. Probably cheaper too. I just got a weird vibe at QSL, not saying it’s a bad cruise night, it isn’t. I think this place in Mazomanie is more to my liking.

Cheaper yes, better….I guess that’s up in the air. I love QSL just for the wow factor I always get there but I agree. There is a “vibe” there that just seems different. I do notice more and more staging of cars. Cars dropped off at a certain time and picked up later. My brother drives by every Thursday if he is not driving one of my cars in and he has noticed it. Cars there very early and then there very late the same night. Also cars from businesses brought in for showing off.

All are fine in my book. Hell, whatever floats a guys boat I say.

It just seems like it went from a cruise night to a show, or maybe a attraction. Whatever it is it was nice to go somewhere different.

All the cars in the picture except the 55′ are from my family. We just all wanted to get them out, have a nice meal, few beers and beat the snot out of them. They are all “rough” looking since they are driven hard and put away wet thumbsup.gif

The ride home at dusk was wicked cool. My brother was keeping pace with me in his Cobra and every time I’d leg it out he would. I’d tap the brakes to let him know I was letting off and he would let off. The side pipe would just belch flames. So freaking cool to see. He said the same for me. Every time I’d let off the brake lights would come on and then a few “pow-pow’s” from the tail pipes

blob8.gif

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.