We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises and Shows for September 12 to Sep 18

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

I’ll be taking my car to Cars in the Park, which will be my first show with my new ride …

circletrack
    Participant

Wow, lots of shows this weekend.

I think we’ll head to Waunakee too… Ryan ~ looking forward to seeing your new ride!

lordairgtar
    Participant

Looking forward to Waunakee, then to Beloit on Sunday.

GTO Man

There is a Mecum auction starting Thursday through Sunday in St. Charles, IL.

Mecum St. Charles Calendar Entry

Muscle Cars, Corvettes, and more.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Anyone have the class listing for the cars in the park show?

GTO Man

I sent a question to the organizer in Car Show Central.

Cars in the Park Question

Anonymous
    Inactive

I read the flyer several times, and if I understand correctly, there are no classes. My understanding is each participant picks his/her favorite cars (I don’t know how many) and the cars with the most votes (50?) are recognized at the end of the show.

Maybe someone from the Pontiac GTO Club will chime in and explain how this is going to work.

Marshall

GTO Man

Marshall is correct. From the flyer:

New this year – participant voting. No classes to worry about – simply vote for the cars you like – 50 Total Awards Available

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Cars in the Park sounds fun – hopefully good weather this weekend!

gtoguys
    Participant

Hi, I am one of the organizers for the Cars in the Park show. This year we are trying a different voting format. It is participant vote and there are no classes. We will hand out ballots during registration and ask each participant vote for their top 25 favorite cars. The votes will be tallied to determine the winners. We will have trophies for best of show, 2nd and 3rd places and two tiers of other awards for the remaining 47 winners. We believe this format will open up the winners circle to a variety of cars, like nice originals or other cars with unique attributes that might be overlooked in a judging format. We think this will be a fun format for everyone and the weather for Saturday is looking perfect.

We would like to thank the city of Waunakee as they are very supportive of this show and would like to see it grow. We are always interested in suggestions to help and will be very interested in hearing feedback on this year’s show with this voting format. Hope to see you Saturday…..

ss396
    Participant

omg write this down a weekend where I can go to a show! I am going to the cruise in show in Evansville. gotta support the locals! possibly to Beloit on Sunday too!!!!!

GTO Man
    gtoguys wrote:
    Hi, I am one of the organizers for the Cars in the Park show. This year we are trying a different voting format. It is participant vote and there are no classes. We will hand out ballots during registration and ask each participant vote for their top 25 favorite cars. The votes will be tallied to determine the winners. We will have trophies for best of show, 2nd and 3rd places and two tiers of other awards for the remaining 47 winners. We believe this format will open up the winners circle to a variety of cars, like nice originals or other cars with unique attributes that might be overlooked in a judging format. We think this will be a fun format for everyone and the weather for Saturday is looking perfect.

We would like to thank the city of Waunakee as they are very supportive of this show and would like to see it grow. We are always interested in suggestions to help and will be very interested in hearing feedback on this year’s show with this voting format. Hope to see you Saturday…..

Looks like a great day weather-wise for the show.

circletrack
    Participant

As long as best of show doesn’t go to something I can see at my local dealership ~ everyone should be happy! :)

When shows are judged properly, there should not be issues with nice originals or anything like that. Every car should be judged fairly, also taking into consideration the make, model and year.

moparkid25
    Participant
    ss396 wrote:
    omg write this down a weekend where I can go to a show! I am going to the cruise in show in Evansville. gotta support the locals! possibly to Beloit on Sunday too!!!!!

I’m now home, and I’m going to Beloit tomorrow also.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.