We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises & Shows for May 11 to May 17 2015

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

Heading for the Dells Friday night after I get done working. Don’t have a few cosmetic things completed yet, so the masses are going to have to live with the well-placed thumbtacks hold up portions of my headliner. A few well placed detail cloths will conceal the aging bumper fillers too :whistle:

First show of the season for me this year. Haven’t stayed the whole weekend since 2012. I hope things are better :unsure:

Amigo2k

It looks like Mt. Olympus is having a show too …

http://www.mtolympuspark.com/mt-olympus-custom-car-show-wisconsin-dells

$10 For All Weekend Parking
    $5 Park Admission Per Person For Mt. Olympus Theme Park

Saturday, May 16, 2015

8:00 AM – Gates Open for Registered Show Cars Only
    10:00 AM – Gates Open To Public
    12:00 PM – Burnout & Donut Competition
    2:30 PM – Highest 3 Wheel & Gas Hop
    3:00 PM – Hydraulic Hop And Air Dance Truck
    5:30 PM – Bikini Contest
    6:30 PM – Awards
    (Events and times are subject to change at anytime)
    Over $10,000 in payouts and prizes awarded. Best of Class & Best of Show Awards also include a 2 night room stays at Mt. Olympus Resort!

GTO Man

Looks like fun. Cars, bikinis and burnouts.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Amigo2k wrote:
    It looks like Mt. Olympus is having a show too …

http://www.mtolympuspark.com/mt-olympus-custom-car-show-wisconsin-dells

$10 For All Weekend Parking
    $5 Park Admission Per Person For Mt. Olympus Theme Park

Saturday, May 16, 2015

8:00 AM – Gates Open for Registered Show Cars Only
    10:00 AM – Gates Open To Public
    12:00 PM – Burnout & Donut Competition
    2:30 PM – Highest 3 Wheel & Gas Hop
    3:00 PM – Hydraulic Hop And Air Dance Truck
    5:30 PM – Bikini Contest
    6:30 PM – Awards
    (Events and times are subject to change at anytime)
    Over $10,000 in payouts and prizes awarded. Best of Class & Best of Show Awards also include a 2 night room stays at Mt. Olympus Resort!

I hope they’re trucking the talent in from Milwaukee and Chicago… Some of them local girls are nothing but horsemeat in a G-string :sick:

circletrack
    Participant

I’m curious how this is all going to pan out.. I’ve seen multiple posts there is a fence around Mt Olympus – either to keep people out or keep them in.. I’d heard after all the damage caused last year Mt Olympus didn’t want anything to do with this weekend. I still don’t understand why everything needs to be on the same weekend, I’m all for the “younger” crowd having a show, but pick your own weekend

moparkid25
    Participant
    circletrack wrote:
    I’m curious how this is all going to pan out.. I’ve seen multiple posts there is a fence around Mt Olympus – either to keep people out or keep them in.. I’d heard after all the damage caused last year Mt Olympus didn’t want anything to do with this weekend. I still don’t understand why everything needs to be on the same weekend, I’m all for the “younger” crowd having a show, but pick your own weekend

Its entitlement. They need their participation ribbons. Its nothing more than a stab at the folks who put on Automotion because of the 1989 model year cutoff. Don’t like it? Don’t go. Do I agree with it? Not necessarily, but 1. That rule has been in place long before I started going, 2. If they didn’t have the year cutoff, they would run out of space like they do already. I’m all for bikini contests and burnouts, but bikini contests always lead to a jealous boyfriend starting a fight over some horny teenager cat-calling at his girlfriend. Then you get that one drunk guy who can do John Force burnouts with his Cavalier…

I’m all for whooping it up and having a good time. Circletrack has seen me in some of my Wi Dells “greatest hits,” but now days I’m older, wiser, and respectful of others. This show is and has been on thin ice for the last few years. What keeps it going is the revenue it brings in. Last thing it needs is some punk bitch with Beiber fever ruining it for everyone by driving like a pissed off teenager in his Subaru.

Amigo2k

here is another one going on in the dells this weekend too …

1426551660_10885490_996683163680416_5387584506700873787_n.jpg

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Aside from the show at Noah’s Ark, there are 6 different shows going on in the Dells this weekend. While some people are pissy about the shows possibly detracting from Automotion…its actually cool to see multiple shows that day in the same town because each of the shows cater to different genres. Basically it means that there really is something for everyone this weekend. In some ways its becoming similar to what happens in Vegas during SEMA week: tons of car shows for every genre imaginable (only on a much smaller scale).

As long as everyone behaves and is respectful it could mean greater things for each of the shows. Competition = better shows. Or people could get stupid and ruin it for everyone.

Gunner
    Participant
    Eclipse_Tuner wrote:
    As long as everyone behaves and is respectful it could mean greater things for each of the shows. Competition = better shows. Or people could get stupid and ruin it for everyone.

Well Said, and very true!

moparkid25
    Participant
    Eclipse_Tuner wrote:

I’m putting my money on this happening and a good thing coming to an end.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Judging by the amount of accidents and tickets reported so far….Im putting money on the latter as well.

jonmandude
    Participant

…and the tuner crowd will say “they just don’t like us”. They will not accept that maybe, just maybe, if they would learn to act in a way that commanded respect, then maybe they would be given respect….but act like disrespectful morons and ruin it for everyone

jonmandude
    Participant

So another year of Automation and another year of problems in the Dells, huh?

Maybe it’s time to realize that year restrictions are a bad idea?

By restricting who is and isn’t allowed in, you are telling people they are not welcome. This causes a rebellious attitude in those that want to be involved but are not. They are finding ways to be involved, and not good ways. By starting to create their own events, like the burnout contests at Edge o the Dells, and doing them in relative proximity to the Automation show, they are saying “Hey! We want to be involved too!”, but by being rejected, they are acting out.

It’s time for the old timers to stop telling kids to stay away and start bringing them in so they are included and can learn how to do it correctly.

As Automation has grown, so has the problems. You can blame the ” kids in their rice burners” all you want. Maybe if they had been included from day one, the other “events” would not have been created.

circletrack
    Participant

If they take away the year restrictions, where is the show going to be held? Based on what I saw this weekend, the trouble makers had no intentions of attending any of the events – it was a good excuse to get drunk for 48 hours and cause damage. Lots of bottles tossed in the street, the never ending trucks blowing smoke in our face and ignoring police when told to pull over – the list goes on and on. I’m all for the younger crowd joining the party, as long as they bring a little common sense and respect with them, I didn’t see any of that.

moparkid25
    Participant
    jonmandude wrote:
    So another year of Automation and another year of problems in the Dells, huh?

Maybe it’s time to realize that year restrictions are a bad idea?

By restricting who is and isn’t allowed in, you are telling people they are not welcome. This causes a rebellious attitude in those that want to be involved but are not. They are finding ways to be involved, and not good ways. By starting to create their own events, like the burnout contests at Edge o the Dells, and doing them in relative proximity to the Automation show, they are saying “Hey! We want to be involved too!”, but by being rejected, they are acting out.

It’s time for the old timers to stop telling kids to stay away and start bringing them in so they are included and can learn how to do it correctly.

As Automation has grown, so has the problems. You can blame the ” kids in their rice burners” all you want. Maybe if they had been included from day one, the other “events” would not have been created.

There were plenty of imports at Automotion, all built prior to 1989. That rule has been in place since before most of these troublemakers were born. Those drivers also had respect for others property. These kids weren’t acting out because they weren’t included, they were acting the way they were because today’s youth promoted Automotion like a frat party. If these kids want to have a show and say “nothing older than 1990,” go ahead and do it. But do it on a different day, not the same day as the original show.

There is also no reason to get drunk and trash the place. In years past, I whooped it up and probably set some party records, but I picked up after myself, was respectful to others staying at the same motel as me, and most importantly wasn’t drinking and driving.

I’ll be surprised to see what the future brings after this year.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.