We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises & Shows for May 11 to May 17 2015

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant
    circletrack wrote:
    If they take away the year restrictions, where is the show going to be held? Based on what I saw this weekend, the trouble makers had no intentions of attending any of the events – it was a good excuse to get drunk for 48 hours and cause damage. Lots of bottles tossed in the street, the never ending trucks blowing smoke in our face and ignoring police when told to pull over – the list goes on and on. I’m all for the younger crowd joining the party, as long as they bring a little common sense and respect with them, I didn’t see any of that.

That’s the one thing I do like about where I stay. Its an older crowd, and I don’t have a lot of the bullshit to deal with like other motels do. Mt Olympus is buying up a lot of the motels along the strip, but a few haven’t sold out yet and I hope they stand their ground.

It was a mess. Automotion was a good time, but I’m glad I brought comfy walking shoes as I couldn’t drive around.

circletrack
    Participant

Agreed Zach… this weekend was heavily promoted for months on Facebook and I’m sure several other places as the party to kick off the summer, you had to be there! We were surrounded by kids that more than likely had no idea there was another show in town and/or didn’t have a car to take to anything – they were there to party! The fines handed out this weekend were nothing more than a badge of honor, I heard just shy of 320 display of power/ disorderly conduct with motor vehicle tickets were written… seriously?

That’s nice money for Sauk County, you couldn’t pay me enough to be an officer over the weekend

Amigo2k

breaking stuff at the Burnout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcwfoNzhbKc

circletrack
    Participant

Cha Ching!

GTO Man

Some real einsteins. I don’t consider that entertainment.

jonmandude
    Participant
    Amigo2k wrote:
    breaking stuff at the Burnout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcwfoNzhbKc

GM

sorry guys, it was there so I had to

Amigo2k
    Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

I went to the Mt. Olympus show…it was smallish but a very unique mix of cars I haven’t seen before. What I liked about it was that it was a totally different type of show and atmosphere (newer music, burnout pit, lowrider comps, etc). Basically it was the “anti-show” show because it was intended to be everything that the traditional WI car shows are not. Also was cool winning Best of Show overall.

I thought it was great that there were multiple shows in town that weekend because it meant there literally was something for everyone…if only there was a way to control the chaos.

That being said there was still the usual automotion stupidity…and not necessarily from just the younger crowd. There were plenty of baby boomers doing dumb things as well.

circletrack
    Participant

We were staying directly across from there and sat out both nights watching the action. I’ve never seen so many drunk kids in back of pickup trucks, hanging out the side or through the sunroof of cars in a long, long time. Many were throwing glass bottles of beer, and the amount of trash – just amazing. The lady that owns the hotel we stay in was having a rough time keeping the kids out of the parking lot and I know she was woken at 2 a.m. to break up something in one of the rooms. I imagine the business owners will have something to say – yes, it brings in a ton of money that weekend, but also a ton of work.

I’m all for other shows having a good time, but don’t think it’ fair they piggy back on to Automotion and drag that show down with them.

Congrats on the win though, well deserved!

moparkid25
    Participant
    Eclipse_Tuner wrote:
    I went to the Mt. Olympus show…it was smallish but a very unique mix of cars I haven’t seen before. What I liked about it was that it was a totally different type of show and atmosphere (newer music, burnout pit, lowrider comps, etc). Basically it was the “anti-show” show because it was intended to be everything that the traditional WI car shows are not. Also was cool winning Best of Show overall.

I thought it was great that there were multiple shows in town that weekend because it meant there literally was something for everyone…if only there was a way to control the chaos.

That being said there was still the usual automotion stupidity…and not necessarily from just the younger crowd. There were plenty of baby boomers doing dumb things as well.

Controlling the chaos is the key phrase here. I think with having mulitple shows the same day in the same location is a main ingredient to the chaos. Traffic alone between the Automotion folks, the other show attendee’s, the drunken diesel hillbillies, and the FISHTAB’s trying to get to there timeshares really congests the infrastructure.

Congrats on the BOS win!! But don’t forget, you and I are slowly becoming those ‘old guys’ at car shows :whistle:

Has anyone heard any feedback from Dells weekend as far as the city council/police dept/show organizers go?

circletrack
    Participant

I’ve talked to one of the Dells Cruisers a few times and their hands are tied. The other shows in town that weekend (with the exception of possibly the one at Marley’s and/or Mt Olympus) were not approved by the Chamber of Commerce. I was also told the Chamber tried to work with the owner of Mt Olympus to encourage him to change his date and they were told in not so nice words that wasn’t going to happen. I know they hired extra security this year and placed porta potties around town, but that wasn’t enough. The thing that I think hurts the most is people associate all this with Automotion and their show is held at Noahs Ark, that’s it. What happens outside the park is out of their control, but it puts a black eye on their show. I’ve heard several say they will not go back next year, it’s not worth fighting the crowds, drunks and traffic, which is a shame as it’s only hurting their attendance. I would like to be a fly on the wall at some of the follow up meetings and suggested maybe they get the clubs that support their show involved to come up with suggestions on making this work. I still think some of the kids with the newer cars felt they were entitled to have their own show, but took it down the wrong path with the spring break atmosphere and forgot they were still dealing with motor vehicles that can and do get them in trouble. I heard the $500+ fines were no big deal, more like a badge of honor :(

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.