We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Car Show Judging Standards

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

What should be the minimum done when judging a show? How long should be taken on each car? What should be looked at closely, what shouldn’t be judged as hard?

Differences between judging stock vs modified?

This is an area where there seems to be much disagreement, depending on the show. Or is it because there are not enough qualified judges around?

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Xman
    Participant

Garibaldi wrote:

Quote:
    There hasn’t been any new discussion on this for awhile. Any additional suggestions on how to regulate judging? How can we best ensure fair judging? Any additional differences for how large shows vs small shows should be judged?

There has not been any discussions here on any forums.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dude,
    You change avatars more often than Brett Farve changes teams. Does this one translate to what I think it does? LOL! Joliet or Bust?

Xman
    Participant

fordasaki wrote:

Quote:
    Dude,
    You change avatars more often than Brett Farve changes teams. Does this one translate to what I think it does? LOL! Joliet or Bust?

Hmm yes it does..LOL

Xman
    Participant

Well judging still sucks, how can a 09 Dodge win best of class in Waunakee? Maybe I should bring a new Prius and go for best import..

And WTF an 07 Mustang wins best Ford. I think Marshall’s car was more deserving for that award at the show.

I mean really guys, you give those awards to new cars?… :angry:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am in agreement with Xman’s post regarding the Best Of Show Ford and Best Of Show Mopar awards going to new cars. I certainly don’t think my car is or was a Best Of Show car, but there were other vintage and classic Fords and Mopar’s there that should have been looked at for Best Of Show awards.

I wonder, were these Best of Show picks made by the GTO club or by the judge that they brought in to judge the other cars? Either way, I respectfully disagree.

I really like and admire the new Camaros, the new Mustangs, and especially the new Challengers. However, their “newness” puts them at a distinct advantage in regards to techology, fit and finish, and overall wear and tear when you compare them to classic and vintage cars that are older and driven. I have seen several new cars this year competing at car shows with the protective plastic covering still on the gauge faces, radio, and instrumentation and seats!

As someone who competes with a vintage Mustang that is driven and clearly shows it, I really don’t know what I can do to make my car competitive if it’s going to be compared to a new Mustang.

GTO Man

Newer cars should not be competing with older cars for the best of’ awards. It takes away from the credibility of the show.

moparkid25
    Participant

This has been a big problem this year at shows. The Road Apples did it right with a Modern Muscle Car class.

I like to think that next year many shows will also adapt a class for the new stuff :dry:

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

We’ve had a lot of discussion about specifics for judging so I’m going to draft a proposal for the WCC Judging Standard by the end of this week and post it for your review.

GTO Man

From that draft we should be able to come up with some standards as far as classes, judging, etc.

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.