We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Shows and Cruises for August 11 to August 17

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This is the first week of what is scheduled to be a weekly cruise-in at Rev Jim’s Roadhouse Bar and Grill, on Highway 12 (Frontage Road) adjacent to Capital City Harley (the old McDonald’s property), just East of Madison. The fun starts at 5PM and runs until 10PM and there will be a Best Of The Night Pick (trophy winner) which will be the feature car for next week. Rep’s from the Good Guys Show will be there to hand out a few free passes to the Good Guys show this weekend. There will be food and drink specials for those who bring out their car. This weekly cruise-in is being assisted/sponsored by the Lake Wisconsin Cruiser’s Car Club.

Amigo2k

The Good Guys will have their kick off party at QSL on Thursday (last year they had over 150 cars show up)

Friday they have a get together at the Marriott on the west side (the lot holds 1000, and when I went last year there were about 300-400 cars; anyone can drive in and park).

http://www.good-guys.com/pdf/08-603/WeekHapsMadison08.pdf

I’m planning on driving out as a spectator to the Good Guys on Saturday (lets hope the rain stays away this year).

Marshall >>>> what day is the cruise in you posted?

GTO Man

It looks like the cruise is on Wednesdays. I checked out the Reverend’s website. Looks like he has some nice establishments.

http://www.revjimsroadhouse.com/#

I will be at Good Guys on Saturday and probably Sunday. Will bring a couple of cars. Should be allot of fun. It doesn’t look like the rain will ruin it. I haven’t checked out the forecast yet. The local clowns are worthless. Weather channel says a 30% chance, isolated storms.

And of course QSL on Thursday, looks like fun.

Anonymous
    Inactive

QSL this thursday for me. Remember to get there early guys, last year the front lot was full before 6pm.

circletrack
    Participant

We’ll be heading over Friday to check out Goodguys, I’ve been watching the weather closely and all 3 stations say something different?! How can that be??

We might head over to the Marriott this weekend, have the annual Corn Fest parade in Sun Prairie on Thursday night, that’s a tradition we can’t miss!

See you guys this weekend!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    I’ve been watching the weather closely and all 3 stations say something different?! How can that be??

because they guess.

for weather, I go here. http://www.noaa.gov

It’s sad when my dad can predict the weather better then the local channels. That Baro changes and he starts pissing and moaning about his ankle I broke years ago. dontknow.gif

moparkid25
    Participant

Gonna go to Goodguys and pay $13 per person to look at the cars, and $5 to park on Saturday I guess.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Rev Jim’s Cruise-In is on Tuesday Nights beginning August 12th.
    They can be contacted at 310-4230.

Amigo2k

Reverend Jim’s Roadhouse Bar & Grille (next to Capitol City Harley): Rev. Jim’s is a new bar that will feature cruise ins on Tuesday nights from 5-10 p.m. They plan on having drink and food specials, door prizes, a trophy or two, burnouts, muffler raps, dyno shootouts, etc., as some of the attractions for us collector car buffs!

—-

What is a muffler rap?

GTO Man

A muffler rap is when you rev the engine up and let the muffler do its thing. At least I think that is what it is.

Looks like great weather for the Good-Guys show.

circletrack
    Participant

What’s up with everyone doing cruise nights on Tuesdays? There are plenty of other days in the week…. dontknow.gif

Xman
    Participant
    Quote:
    The Rev Jim’s Cruise-In is on Tuesday Nights beginning August 12th.

Great booze and cars! Just what we need on the road.. I saw it advertised Monday on WIBA’s web page as Wed. nights that must have PO’ed Quaker S&L. dontknow.gif

Amigo2k

Yeah, Why have 2 bike nights in the madison area on the same day? You would think they might flip with QSL; so cars on wed and bikes on Thursday….

lordairgtar
    Participant
    Quote:
    What is a muffler rap?

It’s when you take a muffler and wrap it around your muffler to keep it warm. w00t.gif Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif jumpy.gif

jonmandude
    Participant
    Quote:
    Yeah, Why have 2 bike nights in the madison area on the same day? You would think they might flip with QSL; so cars on wed and bikes on Thursday….

Why not. It’s smart business. If I wanted to compete in a market, I would try to use what someone else has proved works. People develop patterns in their lives, They set aside certain days for certain things. Obviously people have got into the habit of going to a Bike night on Wednesdays. Why should one business have the monopoly on that day?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.