Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Carbon Fiber Accessories, what’s your take?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So, how do you feel about Carbon Fiber Accessories for you car? Interior or Exterior. Post you thoughts.

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

If done correctly, can really improve the looks of a car.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    What does the original grill look like? The new one looks kind of like a razor. I don’t think its too aggressive, I just wouldn’t want to stick my head in front of it, I’d probably go bald! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

It does lokk like an electric razor! icon_cheesygrin.gif

The OEM grille is quite plain. I intend to keep it that way because of the way the bra attaches. (A different grille would probably make it difficult to attach the bra.)

So, would it look weird add all the goodies, but stick with the OEM hood?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I think it would still look good, also then you can get a new license plate:

Quote:
    IbuzzU

:haha:

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is too funny!!!!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Glad you like it! You should seriously try to do that! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    I’m glad you asked that question!

Let’s talk about wings. No, not on airplanes!!!

Guys around here drive ricers with HUGE wings
    on the trunk.

Looks terrible. icon_sad.gif

The wings that I think look the worst are the ones that look like owners raided their parent’s old “Erector Sets” to build them. They look so cheap I would be embarrased to drive in a car that had one.

Saying that, how many remember, or know, what Erector Sets were?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I know what an erector set is, I had one! I definitely wouldn’t put it on a car though! :yikes:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Carbon fibre looks good if it is tastefully done, and can be used to reduce weight and still keep a strong component but most ricers just use them because they look cool.
    Part of the problem is that a lot of “carbon fibre” items are just plastic or fibreglass with a CF look decal on top.

The only item I have that is CF is my intake, it is a very strange model from a British company called Pipercross. I bought it becuase it resists soaking engine heat which can ruin the point of a CAI. I know the hose routing is not very good, I am going to get a smaller battery case and route the hose down the right side of the engine by the headlight.
    f2e0ec9d.jpg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Carbon fibre looks good if it is tastefully done, and can be used to reduce weight and still keep a strong component but most ricers just use them because they look cool.
    Part of the problem is that a lot of “carbon fibre” items are just plastic or fibreglass with a CF look decal on top.

The only item I have that is CF is my intake, it is a very strange model from a British company called Pipercross. I bought it becuase it resists soaking engine heat which can ruin the point of a CAI. I know the hose routing is not very good, I am going to get a smaller battery case and route the hose down the right side of the engine by the headlight.
    f2e0ec9d.jpg

The key word of couse is tastefully! jumpy.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

I dont really care for them at all… especially not the huge winged ricers! I mean I like modifications but some modifications are better done with real solid metal and that dont cost $100 per square inch

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I dont really care for them at all… especially not the huge winged ricers! I mean I like modifications but some modifications are better done with real solid metal and that dont cost $100 per square inch

And some of it is too much over the top! Personally as far as classic cars are concerned I like stock options more than modifications

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.