We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Cars on State Street

• Creator
    Topic
    circletrack
    Participant

Received an email about this show today. Has anyone been to this bar or know anything about it? That’s a tough time of year, so early.

I’ve never been to a local show before that’s $15 and requires approval before you set foot at the location. Should be interesting.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Marshall ~ the money is to cover the associated costs with this show, including keeping the buses off State Street for the day.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Marshall ~ the money is to cover the associated costs with this show, including keeping the buses off State Street for the day.

I can’t believe they have to pay for that! I wonder what it costs for Halloween to keep the buses off the street for a weekend…Probably nothing since the city gets revenue from that. This show won’t turn out well, the city council will only pick Volkswagen Beetles, Ford Pinto’s and any other fuel effeicent vehicles from before 1979. Madison don’t want gas guzzlers period. I’m suprised the guy who went to the city council meeting didn’t have to jump thru a million hoops just to get it ok’d.

icon_headbang.gif

Amigo2k
    Quote:
    the city council will only pick Volkswagen Beetles . . .

sweet I’m in!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Speaking of Roadapples, when are your meetings? I think my boyfriend joined last year and we never hear anything about meetings and such.
    And as far as the State St. show goes, $15.00 is too much to just show the car, and knowing Madison, where if people have dogs they bring them, and then you will have those that have their kids in strollers and others who let their kids just run, I would not want to subject our cars to those that never go to shows and do not respect “Do not Touch”.
    They just want to make this a nice special family friendly thing. I am surprised they don’t want a pic of the owner too, to make sure that he/she is “presentable”.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Circletrack would be the one to ask about Road Apple meetings, Click here to send her a private message about it! thumbsup.gif

Quote:
    those that never go to shows and do not respect “Do not Touch”.

I’m always amazed at the number of kids on undersized bikes that always show up at car shows, swerving in and out of the rows of cars! I guess the cars must have magnetic properties on the bikes or something! dontknow.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Has anyone heard any updates about this?

circletrack
    Participant

The last I heard those that entered their cars haven’t heard a word back from anyone. I still think the promoter(s) need to prove what type of show they are going to have with these pictures before this goes any further. I could be wrong, but just don’t like the idea of being “accepted” into a local event, especially a first time event.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Do you think this show will make it to a second year, or do you think the way the first year is being setup will prevent it from coming back?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Circletrack, Thanks for the updated info.

I went back and read the previous posts and I was wondering about the what and how of being “chosen”, and if not being “chosen” getting ones money back. Are they referring to not being “chosen” to get selected to show ones car, or not being “chosen” during the event itself.

What would a local radio or TV celeb know about antique/vintage/classic/collector and muscle cars anyway?

I think that (at least for this year) these promoters are well past the point of no return. I am guessing that this year’s show (if there is one) will be a major flop. But, next year’s show could be successful, if planned properly. I like the location, I like this particular weekend, and I like the notion of a local show. These promoters need to recruit some local car people from Madison Classics, Sugar River Cruisers, Road Apples and/or Wisconsin Summer Cruisers to start work on an early show in 2008 that would be a success.

Personally, I will be out of town on the day of this show, attending a well established show in Oconomowoc/Concord – The Boondockers Icebreaker show.

MMRJR

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

The Boondockers show sounds interesting! How many cars do they usually get? What’s the setting?

Amigo2k

I see they shorten this show to end at 3PM instead of 5PM.

I’ll send them an email to see how things are going, getting their 66 cars they want.

circletrack
    Participant

[font=Georgia:86ec5ef718]The latest…

We are accepting applications until April 20th. As soon as possible after that date we will let all applicants know if their car has or has not been accepted for display in the show. There is a limited amount of spaces. Along with notification of acceptance the applicants will receive information regarding what block of State Street they will be assigned to and other information. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Don Beauchamp[/font:86ec5ef718]

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Well it makes sense to just run it to 3 or 4, like all other shows

GTO Man

I believe the reason they are picking and choosing the cars is to get a good representation of vehicles. So if they get 4 ’67 Vettes they will pick the first one who registered.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Usually if you have an invitation show, those invited are not required to pay any fees. Generally, they are invited to support a bigger cause i.e. support a charity. Is the charity the Madison Downtown Businesses. LOL
    I certainly would be concerned with bicyles, joggers and dogs. It will be interesting to see how the Madsion Police react. I am sure the opinions of those attending will be interesting. Its theBoondockers for me!!!.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.