We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Cars on State Street

• Creator
    Topic
    circletrack
    Participant

Received an email about this show today. Has anyone been to this bar or know anything about it? That’s a tough time of year, so early.

I’ve never been to a local show before that’s $15 and requires approval before you set foot at the location. Should be interesting.

Viewing 15 replies - 76 through 90 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

I wonder if this is happening this year? The website is gone….

GTO Man

Thats a good question. The site was up about 6 weeks ago.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

It looks like the site is just an extension of http://www.visitdowntownmadison.com/events/index.php but the link on there is broken as well.

GTO Man

Hopefully they will be having the show this year. It was successful last year.

Amigo2k

good call. So it looks like it is May 10th then.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Do we have a contact email for them? I know we could get in touch from Hawk at Hawk’s Bar and Grille and see if he has information

Anonymous
    Inactive

One of last year’s organizers was JD Beauchamp who can be reached at University Book Store. You might start with JD and see what’s up for this year.

Marshall

jonmandude
    Participant

If anyone does talk to him, I will be willing to help out if they need.

Amigo2k

This is from the calendar from last year:

Hawk Schenkel 608-347-4295 or 1hawks@tds.net

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I sent Hawk an email

GTO Man

Here is some information on this years 2008 Cars on State Street

Cars on State 2008
    The 2008 Cars on State Classic Car Show will be Saturday, May 10, 10am – 3pm, State Street, Madison, Wisc. Cars on State is organized by the Greater State Street Business Association. See Car Registration Form for more information on how to register your car for the show.

Registration deadline extended to April 11!

Cars on State

Registration PDF

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

This is very interesting, I’m glad to hear that the show is going to happen. It was interesting last year because it brought out a lot of local cars that I had never seen before.

GTO Man

Anyone plan on submitting a car?

circletrack
    Participant

I was told last year that if you submitted but weren’t chosen you would be first choice this year. I decided not to submit this year, with Automotion the following weekend, the Road Apples Cruise nights starting and such, we’re going to concentrate on getting the car ready to go. I haven’t seen any advertisements, it should be another interesting show.

GTO Man

I think yesterday was the deadline for sending in the car information. Is anyone putting an entry in the show?

Viewing 15 replies - 76 through 90 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.