We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Cars you currently own…

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Allright guys,

Garibaldi suggested this thread. It’s not too difficult – post up those pictures of your car. I’ll kick off with my new car – bought it two weeks ago. It’s a Nissan Almera E 1.5l petrol.

Compressed_front.jpg

Compressed_engine.jpg

This is my first ever car. I am finding it financially difficult but incredibly liberating. My life is certainly much easier now.

Cobra

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man
    Quote:
    I love the classic styling and grunt of the GTO both then and now. We have a local performance shop called Motorsport Technologies (http://www.motorsporttech.com/). They specialize in LS1, LS2, LS6, and ZL1 equipped rides and one package that caught my eye was one in which they take the stock GTO, perform a bore/stroke job, new heads and cam, intake and exhaust and tuning enhancement. At the end of the day they will produce a GTO that will make 645 horsepower. You should see their Z07 package for the Corvette. 😈

I also have a local outfit that sells classic cars and muscle from all eras. Have a look:

http://www.streetdreamstexas.com/update.php?command=showimage&pk=69-1564

Nice looking ’69 GTO on the site. It’s amazing the power they get out of these engines. That new GTO with 645 hp would be unbelievable. I hope they give the new GTO a chance to catch on better than it has so far. It seems because of the drive for profits these car companies won’t give some of these cars a chance to succeed.

One of our friends up here had two LS6 Chevelles which he recently sold within the last year. They were original with approximately 10k on them. He said he really didn’t feel comfortable driving them because of their worth.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That’s a very nice 69 GTO!! :headbang:
    I definitely wouldn’t mind having one like that…. 8)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like the clean exterior look on that car. Nothing but the “GTO” on the front, not some decal about what kind of injection/carburetion or how many valves ….just ….”G T O” 8)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I like the clean exterior look on that car. Nothing but the “GTO” on the front, not some decal about what kind of injection/carburetion or how many valves ….just ….”G T O” 8)

Exactly… GTO plain and simple!! 8)

Anonymous
    Inactive

With some new cars, on the rear they have four lines of text telling you that the thing has anti-lock brakes, multi-point injection, 24 Valve V-6, and a GPS locator. It’s like driving a billboard :confused5:

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    With some new cars, on the rear they have four lines of text telling you that the thing has anti-lock brakes, multi-point injection, 24 Valve V-6, and a GPS locator. It’s like driving a billboard :confused5:

That’s what the owner’s manuel is for. :read:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:

Then on top of that, they have the gall to place a ‘special edition’ emblem. Just another excuse to markup the car an extra $5,000 or so.

Sometimes I think we’re better off buying a vehicle used then taking our chances with dealerships.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:

Then on top of that, they have the gall to place a ‘special edition’ emblem. Just another excuse to markup the car an extra $5,000 or so.

Sometimes I think we’re better off buying a vehicle used then taking our chances with dealerships.

There’s a seinfeld episode that illustrates this really well, its called “The Dealership.” Elaine’s boyfriend Putty is working there and getting Jerry an inside deal on a car. But then they breakup and Putty starts tacking on all these extra expenses like undercoating… later he says “yeah we don’t even know what that undercoating does.” 😆 😆 😆 😆
    And of course George says, “Fix my car at a dealership? Ha, why don’t I just throw my money out the window.”

Its funny how they always add those lx or limited edition names or logos to cars. Limited edition, they make like 5,000 of them! 😆 😆 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Quote:

True fact ;)

Quote:
    Its funny how they always add those lx or limited edition names or logos to cars. Limited edition, they make like 5,000 of them!

Case in point – the Ford LTD, short for “Limited” :banghead:

They only made about thirty gazillion of those things :laugh

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

True fact ;)

Quote:
    Its funny how they always add those lx or limited edition names or logos to cars. Limited edition, they make like 5,000 of them!

Case in point – the Ford LTD, short for “Limited” :banghead:

They only made about thirty gazillion of those things :laugh

😆 , very very limited. So buy your’s quickly!!

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.