We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Certified Auto Appraiser Serving South Central WI

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just wanted to let everyone know I have completed my credentials to become certified as an Auto Appraiser, specializing in Classic and Muscle Cars, and serving the South Central Wisconsin area. I can provide fair market value mainly for insurance purposes, but also for equity loans, divorce, bankruptcy or any other purpose you might have. To my knowledge the only other certified appraiser in Wisconsin died last Spring, so I was encouraged to fill the void.
    I will be passing out business cards at next summer’s car shows. Ask me if you want more information and/or visit my website http://www.hooverautoappraisal.com

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    gh wrote:
    To my knowledge the only other certified appraiser in Wisconsin died last Spring, so I was encouraged to fill the void.

Ya, that’s simply just not true…..

Bigbluetruck
    Participant

Zac, you seem very experienced and confident for a young man,hope your business takes off and you are very successfull.Apolagize for any bad feeling between us, it was nothing personel.Hell i just might need your sevices some day.If i am in the market to get a different show car or truck you will be the fisrt person i call.Good luck and maybe we will meet this car show season.

John

circletrack
    Participant

Good to hear, thanks!

I know there are a couple in the Madison area also.

Anonymous
    Inactive

To Clarify: My certification number is 11021076 and the Certification entity is The American Society of Certified Auto Appraisers (ASCAA). I am the only person listed under the State of Wisconsin.
    There are other certification organizations out there and there are plenty of other appraisers out there. I am just not aware of anyone who is both certified to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)guidlines and an appraiser.
    If you are or know of someone, please join the conversation. Let us know your certification credentials and how to contact you.
    Thanks
    Glenn Hoover

Anonymous
    Inactive

IMHO just because someone paid money for a number doesn’t mean they know anything about collector cars.:whistle:

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is an opportunity to ask a few questions about pre-purchase inspections and/or appraisals.

Has anyone heard of or used AAG or anyone from Hemmings or carsonline? I understand AAG may have a branch office (or associates office) somewhere in SouthCentral Wisconsin.

Most out of the area potential purchasers seem to like AAG or Hemmings, but are they certified, and if so, by whom? And, really and truly, what does the certification mean?

Has anyone hired an out of area appraiser for a pre-purchase check or appraisal, and if so, were you happy with their services?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    MMRJR wrote:
    This is an opportunity to ask a few questions about pre-purchase inspections and/or appraisals.

Has anyone heard of or used AAG or anyone from Hemmings or carsonline? I understand AAG may have a branch office (or associates office) somewhere in SouthCentral Wisconsin.

Most out of the area potential purchasers seem to like AAG or Hemmings, but are they certified, and if so, by whom? And, really and truly, what does the certification mean?

Has anyone hired an out of area appraiser for a pre-purchase check or appraisal, and if so, were you happy with their services?

A friend of mine had a ’70 440+6 Cuda that he was selling. A guy in Texas was buying the car and had one of these “appraisers” come look at the car. He had no clue what he was looking at. Numbers wise the guy was clueless. I have heard similar stories from others as well.

GTO Man

For that Judge we bought out of Florida googled for in the area and found a GTO expert with a huge background. He had a website with his accreditations and background. Everything he had in his report was true. Cost was approximately $450. He also appraised the car.

Amigo2k

I was going to go with the carsonline service, but went with a different one.

Were there a couple of things the inspector missed? Yes.

If I was buying a +50k car then I would of been a little more concerned to find someone that would of known about a specific make and model I was looking at. That is where the internet can help. This is where you can find that person near where your car is that may own a car like the one you are interested in and knows a lot about that make and model; message forums are good to find people with knowledge on your car.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Bigbluetruck wrote:
    Zac, you seem very experienced and confident for a young man,hope your business takes off and you are very successfull.Apolagize for any bad feeling between us, it was nothing personel.Hell i just might need your sevices some day.If i am in the market to get a different show car or truck you will be the fisrt person i call.Good luck and maybe we will meet this car show season.

John

As I said before, there wasn’t any hard feelings on this side of the fence. I am a very confident person, often told I am harsh but honest. I cannot disagree with that statement as I base not only my personal life on brutal honesty and integrity, but my professional career. Does it come thru in my attitude? Sometimes.

My previous post was not meant to start a knowledge war, it was simply to state that their is more than one option when it comes to appraisal services in Southwest/Central WI.

If anyone has any questions or concerns on my credentials, experience, or knowledge, feel free to send a PM or an email via my website. I’m happy to answer any questions, and references are available upon request :)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Congrats gh!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.