We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Collector Cars at US Marshal’s Auction, Sat 12/03

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well – This looks like the real deal, so I will go ahead and post. There is a US Marshal’s auction of seized and forfeited autos being advertised for next Saturday at 12 Noon. There are other autos listed, but the two that I noticed are:

1968 Mustang – No further info
    1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass, Red with white top

Here is a website of the auction firm, if you are looking for additional info:

http://www.accreditedauctioneers.com

Has anyone ever purchased a car at auction (daily driver or collector car)?

Marshall

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man
    Quote:
    Well – This looks like the real deal, so I will go ahead and post. There is a US Marshal’s auction of seized and forfeited autos being advertised for next Saturday at 12 Noon. There are other autos listed, but the two that I noticed are:

1968 Mustang – No further info
    1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass, Red with white top

Here is a website of the auction firm, if you are looking for additional info:

http://www.accreditedauctioneers.com

Has anyone ever purchased a car at auction (daily driver or collector car)?

Marshall

Marshall

Looks interesting. Good find, it will interesting to see how well attended it is.

Nick

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Marshall,

There were 4 copies of this topic out there, I got rid of the other 3. I think this is the full version isn’t it?

GTO Man

There was a pic of the Cutlass on the site, looks very nice.69cutlass19da.jpg69cutlass25yp.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, it is. GTO Man and G Man, once again you have pulled my butt out of the fire. Thanks for correcting my doofus.

I would love to know more about the 68 Mustang, and would certainly like to know what the top bid will be on the Cutlass.

Marshall

GTO Man

’69 Cutlass Vin – 336679M412214
    3= oldsmobile
    3667= Cutlas V8 Convertible
    9 = year
    M = Lansing MI assembly plant
    412214 = unique assembly number

’68 Mustang Vin = 8F0C167464
    8 = year
    F = Dearborn MI
    0 should be another digit
    01 Hardtop
    02 Fastback
    03 Convertible
    C = engine code V8 289 CID 2V

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sure thing Marshall.

I like that cutlass! :daniel:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, that is the problem. The VIN is missing the one digit that would identify the car as a coupe, convertible, or fastback. A convertible or fastback would make the car even more desirable!

Marshall

GTO Man

I think they will be posting a picture of it sometime this week.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.