Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Cool photo from Automotion

• Creator
    Topic
    GaribaldiGaribaldi
    Keymaster

I’ve been learning more about taking HDR (High Dynamic Range) photographs and I took one at Automotion this weekend that really turned out well. HDR allows you to capture a lot of the details and colors that are normally lost in a photo. These tones are then enhanced and as you can see, it really makes for a cool-looking photo, even cartoonish in a way:
    normal_thejudge_upload.jpg

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Inactive

Fantastic photo!!!!

It is surreal, but actually captured in real time. Well done!

Marshall

Amigo2kAmigo2k

So did you have the camera on the ground? And that guy in the photo must of not moved for all three pics?

GaribaldiGaribaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks Marshall! I’m going to see about printing some big copies of it. I think the coolest part about it is the tire. It looks almost wet and the detail is pretty interesting.

Ryan,
    I actually balanced the camera on the seat of my foldup chair. I’m thinking of bringing my tripod to future shows and that will make it easier. My camera has a setting called Auto Bracket which takes 3 pictures in rapid succession at 3 different exposures. Because they were all taken within a split second of each other, that guy didn’t have a chance to move

RivFanRivFan
    Participant
    Quote:
    Fantastic photo!!!!

I second MMRJR’s motion – very cool!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.