We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Couple mugged in West Towne Mall

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

“The suspects are described as…” suprise, suprise. The welfare check’s must’ve been a little shy this week, so they needed to sell a stolen Ipad to pay for there weed and Colt .45 :angry:

[concealed carry rant on]
    Now, had this happened to the love of my life, and the State that I graciously live in allowed me to possess a concealed-carry permit, I could’ve drawn on them and held them until the authorities showed up. But since the mentality of our government is “If we don’t allow law-abiding citizens to carry a concealed firearm, the criminals won’t do it either.” :whistle:
    [rant off]

A thank you is in order to that off-duty police officer from Whitewater. GTO Man is right, Madison has become a pathetic, ‘no balls’ city.

GTO Man

Until things happen which will get at the real problem crime will get worse. Madison has become a dumping ground from larger cities such as Chicago which pushes their problem people here. And the idiots here who want to create their little utopia are more than willing to accept them. There is no utopia in this country, the closest thing was back many years ago.

GTO Man

moparkid25 wrote:

Quote:
    “The suspects are described as…” suprise, suprise. The welfare check’s must’ve been a little shy this week, so they needed to sell a stolen Ipad to pay for there weed and Colt .45 :angry:

[concealed carry rant on]
    Now, had this happened to the love of my life, and the State that I graciously live in allowed me to possess a concealed-carry permit, I could’ve drawn on them and held them until the authorities showed up. But since the mentality of our government is “If we don’t allow law-abiding citizens to carry a concealed firearm, the criminals won’t do it either.” :whistle:
    [rant off]

A thank you is in order to that off-duty police officer from Whitewater. GTO Man is right, Madison has become a pathetic, ‘no balls’ city.

I agree, I think we need concealed carry. Madison is a wimpy city, so concerned about offending anyone, I am more concerned about safety rather than the mentality here. It is time citizens take their city and state back.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is one of those incidents that has really pushed my button! There used to be an Assistant District Attorney (ADA) in Dane County, ADA Anne Sayles, who was very proficient and specialized in the prosecution of those who targeted the elderly. Anne retired a couple of years ago, and no has picked up where she left off. This is no longer a priority program within the Dane County DA’s Office.

You would think that a place like West Towne Mall would be safe for an older couple to visit, walk, shop, hang out, etc. Especially in the food court area at noon. But no, a couple of no good thug punks use this location for robbing the easiest targets (the elderly).

I sincerely appreciate what the off duty police officer did! The location precluded him from drawing and using his concealed weapon (close quarters, too many people, and the crime was a property crime). I wonder though, where was mall security? And, what about all those other people in the food court area that saw what was happening but did not or chose not to get involved. Shame on them for not helping the elderly husband and the off duty officer.

I hope and pray that Madison PD makes this a priority investigation and identifies and arrests these two bottom feeders!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The following two (2) posts originate from the comments section of an article posted on channel3000. They are both important to read and understand.

Eric · 11 hours ago
    Thanks to everyone who helped my folks out. The EMTs, police, mall security, Apple Store personnel and especially the off duty officer who came to my parents aid all did a wonderful job helping them through a difficult incident. The off-duty officer is a hero and my folks were dismayed that he left before they had a proper chance to thank him. Hopefully the tracking and security software on the iPad will make it easier to find the miserable thugs who would ***ault an elderly woman leaving a restroom! Mark my words, I’ve taken note of the suspect and vehicle description and will be on the lookout when I’m around town. They’d better hope I call the cops if I see them first.

My parents are shaken up, but doing fine now. My mom scrimped and saved for her iPad for a long time, so it was a shame to have it stolen. They believe they must have been followed upon leaving the store. It’s easy to think you would be safe in the mall, but crimes of opportunity can present themselves almost anywhere. Be aware of your surroundings when you have valuable property on you or when leaving stores or ATMs. You never know what kind of monster is waiting for you. Reply
    0 replies · active less than 1 minute ago
    +10 Vote up Vote down Mad ‘Ol Cop · 9 hours ago
    People! Wake up, especially in Dane County. I am a 24 year veteran law enforcement officer who has worked in Dane County my whole life. I have never seen our criminal justice system as bad as it is now with the current DAs office. All you read in the media is the arrest and that the suspect “is facing X number of years, and Y amount of a fine”. The very truth is that NO CRIMINAL ever faces a full charge EVER in Dane County. The DAs office immediately reduces charges and then begins the process of making plea bargains on the BEHALF of the defendant to try and make sure that the criminal never goes to trial. I have personally seen hundreds of serious criminals, doing very serious and REPEATED crimes, get every kind of “program” under the sun so that they will never have to step foot into Kathleen’s vacant jail.

There is no more punishment. Only hand holding and kick them out the door. Probation is a joke because probation officers are also ordered to not jail violators. Give em the bracelet and let them sit at home. I personally arrested a 22 year old repeated burglar with a rap sheet that would boggle the mind. Drugs, ***aults, heroin, dozens of car break-ins, and numerous burglaries. Over and over. Last burglary to an OCCUPIED home, guess what he got? Another drug treatment program and absolutely NO JAIL!

Even if these thugs were caught, and everyone was so happy with the police officer’s actions. The bottom line is this, they would spend 1-2 days in jail until they saw a judge, they only would have to sign a piece of paper as a signature bond and out they go to prey on another old lady. Get a cheap lawyer as they outnumber the prosecutors 250 to 1 in Madison, and get a sweet deal that involves nothing more than a year on probation with no teeth and no jail.

Another repeat offender I arrested recently for the 4th time for the SAME theft asked me, “Why do you even keep arresting me? I never get anything as the DAs toss the charges as its only theft”? He knows the system and knows to do his crimes in Dane County because he will not ever face serious punishment. He also knows not to do crimes in other counties because they will throw his can in jail!

I do not want to throw the word “liberal” around, but darn it, this city and county have become a feeding ground for serious criminals that know that they will not be punished. Ozanne is about as liberal as they come and Sheriff Kathleen is right along for the ride. Yes, it IS expensive to put people in jail/prison. Yes, SOME people do turn their lives around with help and a 2nd chance. However, we no longer have a 1st offenders program in Dane County. We have the 8th and 9th offenders program and even then, it’s a crap shoot if they will see jail.

I never carried my gun off duty in Madison for the first 18 years, but I sure do now. Sorry folks, but the cold hard truth is that those 5% who are predators on the 95% good people are winning and I for one will not be taken down that easy. Please follow a case in the paper of a serious crime on CCAP and see for yourself the end result. You WILL be sick to your stomach.

Stay safe.

GTO Man

That shows how pathetic the justice system has gotten.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.