We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Lounge Creating a new forum??

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’ve got a question for everybody that I’d like to get some feedback on. I see that there are alot of users here that like scifi! :gate: :daniel:

Do you think we should create a seperate forum for scifi talk or just keep it in Off Topic? Please give some reasons why/why not too!

Or if you have any suggestions of other forums to create please post them too! thumbsup.gif

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It depends on the feedback and traffic. If the sci-fi topics have alot of replies I say yes but if they seem to simmer down after 24 hours I recommend to have sci-fi topics in off-topic.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    It depends on the feedback and traffic. If the sci-fi topics have alot of replies I say yes but if they seem to simmer down after 24 hours I recommend to have sci-fi topics in off-topic.

Ok thanks Mike. I’ll wait for some more response on this. Obviously I know you’d be interested in posting in it but like you said we have to see how many members would be. I do know someone (yoda313) who would probably join the forum if we stuck a scifi forum in along with the car stuff.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sure, why not. icon_cool.gif

If you want a forum for sci-fi, then by all means add it.

If there are members who are not interested in it, they simply won’t visit that area.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Sure, why not. icon_cool.gif

If you want a forum for sci-fi, then by all means add it.

If there are members who are not interested in it, they simply won’t visit that area.

True, I’m just trying to see how much interest there would be. Do you think there should be any other new forums created as well?

Anonymous
    Inactive

On my end, the cars are fine. I watched all the Star Treks when they were still new episodes, but just don’t have the time for watching TV any more. (except Carpocalypse on Spike TV, that’s hilarious!)

You have more than a couple members interested in Sci-fi, a forum where they can discuss their other interests can only be a good thing.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    On my end, the cars are fine. I watched all the Star Treks when they were still new episodes, but just don’t have the time for watching TV any more. (except Carpocalypse on Spike TV, that’s hilarious!)

You have more than a couple members interested in Sci-fi, a forum where they can discuss their other interests can only be a good thing.

Yeah I don’t have much time for TV either anymore! icon_rolleyes.gif icon_sad.gif

Ok, then its decided… here comes the new Scifi Forum!! :band:

hpdog259962
    Participant

Maybe a topic section, not a whole forum… Oh…. you did that. Drogar-Oops(LBG).gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Maybe a topic section, not a whole forum… Oh…. you did that. Drogar-Oops(LBG).gif

Well we had a topic and had significant response on it. Plus we have alot of guys in favor of a forum so I figured we’d go ahead and give it a try. What do you think?

GTO Man

I think it is a good idea to put it as its own major topic.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I think it is a good idea to put it as its own major topic.

As opposed to creating a seperate forum?

GTO Man

Yes.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yes.

why?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I voted ‘No’ to a new Sci-Fi forum (same for a new “category”), because I don’t really understand the issue… isn’t this supposed to be a collector car forum? At first I even wondered about the “Computer and Video Editing” forum, but didn’t mention anything because it was still early in the website development period and thought it might be a left over “clone” item. No real critisism here Garibaldi (I, too, like sci-fi stuff), but the “Off Topic” forum should be enough for non-car stuff — no need to create a new forum for every area of interest that comes up.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I voted ‘No’ to a new Sci-Fi forum (same for a new “category”), because I don’t really understand the issue… isn’t this supposed to be a collector car forum? At first I even wondered about the “Computer and Video Editing” forum, but didn’t mention anything because it was still early in the website development period and thought it might be a left over “clone” item. No real critisism here Garibaldi (I, too, like sci-fi stuff), but the “Off Topic” forum should be enough for non-car stuff — no need to create a new forum for every area of interest that comes up.

I understand where you’re coming from. Yes, this is a car forum. One thing that I want to try and create here though, is a comfortable environment for all car lovers, which includes those who are just getting in the craze. These users might feel overwhelmed with all the car stuff (and references and terms they might not understand) in the car sections. That’s why I have an off topic section, scifi, and computer. This way they can also praticipate in something that they are more comfortable with, until they get to know car stuff a little better. Also there are still alot more car forums (6 to 3 – I’m not counting feedback because that is car related somewhat) than other forums. Don’t worry, I won’t be creating a new forum for every new thing that comes up either. As always things are fluid and getting the exact right setup of forums is something that needs to be worked at several times before you really hit it off. Thanks for you opinion, its very important to me!

I’m going to create an official topic in feedback about the forum, and get some feedback about the various “not car” forums and see what everyone thinks. If the majority wants them gone, then we’ll do just that.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.