We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Dane County Executive

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

I will hand it to Kathleen Falk, shie did hold taxes down fairly well. Maybe she didn’t have a choice though. $14 more this year on an average home is affordable, at least until you get your heating bills from MG&E or Alliant. We’ll see how Mayor Dave does.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I will hand it to Kathleen Falk, shie did hold taxes down fairly well. Maybe she didn’t have a choice though. $14 more this year on an average home is affordable, at least until you get your heating bills from MG&E or Alliant. We’ll see how Mayor Dave does.

Natural gas is already up 133% so far 😯

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am really starting to get spooked, based on what I am hearing about price hikes for natural gas for this coming winter. I normally buy and use between a half and a full cord of firewood in our wood burning fireplace during a typical winter. I need top get on the stick and order up at least one cord, and maybe more, seasoned dry oak for this winter. Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I am really starting to get spooked, based on what I am hearing about price hikes for natural gas for this coming winter. I normally buy and use between a half and a full cord of firewood in our wood burning fireplace during a typical winter. I need top get on the stick and order up at least one cord, and maybe more, seasoned dry oak for this winter. Marshall

All prices are going up, even food. We’re really in a crisis here, hopefully people see that. I’ve heard estimates as high as 200% more for natural gas this winter, but hopefully it won’t be nearly that much! :yikes:

GTO Man
    Quote:

I hope wood doesn’t start rising likeeverything else. It looks like cord is going for about $200 right now, and a face cord for about $90. It is definitely up from last year. I hate to think of getting ripped off by these utilities.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree.

I have been buying firewood from Ace Mulch and Firewood service for about 10 years now. Last year a full cord was $225, and I am sure that it will be higher this year. But, this outfit only brings good, seasoned, dryed red oak that is split so that the homeowner doesn’t have to do a bunch of work, and there isn’t alot of filler stuff and garbage wood included. In my opinion, buying from this outfit is worth the extra few dollars. There have been several years where Ace ran out of firewood and I ended up buying from others, and I can tell you, no one comes closer to giving you your moneys worth than Ace.

Marshall

GTO Man

When I purchase some wood I think I will give Ace a try.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like Ace is the way to go

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.