Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Detailing

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

One of the most important factors with keeping your classic looking its best is detailing everytime you are done driving the car for the day.
    quickly vacuum the carpet
    use a california duster on the exterior and if needed maguires quick detailer
    clean the rims and tires if needed
    armorall the interior when needed
    if these things are done everytime or every other time you go out for a drive it will always look its best!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    One of the most important factors with keeping your classic looking its best is detailing everytime you are done driving the car for the day.
    quickly vacuum the carpet
    use a california duster on the exterior and if needed maguires quick detailer
    clean the rims and tires if needed
    armorall the interior when needed
    if these things are done everytime or every other time you go out for a drive it will always look its best!

Very true! Its especially important to do this after a restoration, you want to keep the car looking great for years to come!

GTO Man

It seems the drive can be alot of work in itself if there are alot jerks on the road, like there usually is. Just driving the cars in heavy traffic takes the fun out of it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Being in areas with high pollen counts really forces one to detail their ride on a daily basis. I am one such person. I have to ask, is there a particular car cover that anyone could recommend. My car is kept in the garage away from the elements but it never hurts to have too much protection. icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do mean to double post but here a few links to some auto detailing websites that will be very helpful:

http://www.detailcity.com

http://www.autogeek.net

http://www.autopia.org

GTO Man

They look like good sites. As far as the covers go California Covers produces a good product. I just look for the softest material possible. I keep mine covered in the garage, otherwise they will get dirty even in there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll look into likely candidates and report my short list when I have it made. icon_cheesygrin.gif

GTO Man

I found a product a couple of years ago which workes very well. It is called Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme. It works well on everything, especially chrome and mag wheels. It removes oxidation and surface contaminants from paint.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I found a product a couple of years ago which workes very well. It is called Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme. It works well on everything, especially chrome and mag wheels. It removes oxidation and surface contaminants from paint.

I’ve seen the results of this, its really a great product, it has amazing results! thumbsup.gif

GTO Man

Detailed the cars over the weekend since the weather was so bad. Used a Meguiars product

NXT Generationâ„¢ Tech Wax NXT Generationâ„¢ Tech Wax
    Meguiar’s NXT Generationâ„¢ Tech Wax is unlike any other car wax available…nothing comes close to this amazing product. Paint will be darker and richer and shine will be maximized for depth and clarity. The formula has been engineered to dramatically reduce fine scratches and swirls for a flawless show car finish. ESP technology creates a tough polymer bond to the paint to provide extreme protection, delivering our longest lasting car wax ever.

It is about the easiest wax to use we have ever found. Its about $16 a bottle and goes a long way. What is nice is that it leaves very little residue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been using Meg’s NXT for about a month now and the product delivers as advertised. It provides so much depth and maintain’s it’s brilliant shine. It’s definitely a must have if you want quality over the counter wax.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    NXT Generationâ„¢ Tech Wax NXT Generationâ„¢ Tech Wax
    Meguiar’s NXT Generationâ„¢ Tech Wax is unlike any other car wax available…nothing comes close to this amazing product. Paint will be darker and richer and shine will be maximized for depth and clarity. The formula has been engineered to dramatically reduce fine scratches and swirls for a flawless show car finish. ESP technology creates a tough polymer bond to the paint to provide extreme protection, delivering our longest lasting car wax ever.

It is about the easiest wax to use we have ever found. Its about $16 a bottle and goes a long way. What is nice is that it leaves very little residue.

I can attest to this, the results are absolutely amazing! icon_eek.gif Actually what I should do sometime is take before and after pictures of one of the cars, that would really show the difference it makes! icon_cheesygrin.gif

GTO Man

I wish Big Block would quit posting so much, he is monopolizing the forum.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I wish Big Block would quit posting so much, he is monopolizing the forum.

Yeah I know, we really should talk to him about that after he gets back from Florida

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is one of my favorite topics, too. I must admit that after the car cover went on in November, I haven’t done much with the Mustang, other than replace a couple of pieces that needed attention.

It seems that we spend hours of time at each show detailing our cars for that particular show, and if the drive home is easy, there is not alot of attention that is needed on a weekly basis. I keep the Mustang covered when its not on the road, and I work hard at each show to detail the car, and even when I do a cruise in at Steak and Lube or Tallard’s Station, I still do the California duster thing, and the wipe down thing. One of my best secrets is to carry a spray bottle of “soft” water that I use for touching up. I use the “soft” water more that I do a detailing spray. I hope to do the clay bar thing once in the spring and follow up with the Show Car Creme and we’ll be all set for that first judged show.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    I have been using Meg’s NXT for about a month now and the product delivers as advertised. It provides so much depth and maintain’s it’s brilliant shine. It’s definitely a must have if you want quality over the counter wax.

Where can I find this? It’s time to start detailing! My daily driver is in tough shape, and the Chevelle could use some polishing too!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.