We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Differential rebuild shop aeound here?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone know of a shop or guy around these parts that knows how to rebuild 8 3/4 rear end? Evena good 4×4 shop should know how!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Anyone know of a shop or guy around these parts that knows how to rebuild 8 3/4 rear end? Evena good 4×4 shop should know how!

Yep, I’m pretty sure that GTO Man knows a couple people. I can’t say though, I don’t have the details, sorry. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Quote:

Yep, I’m pretty sure that GTO Man knows a couple people. I can’t say though, I don’t have the details, sorry. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok cool! I will sit and wait patiently for his response! Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

GTO Man
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

Ok cool! I will sit and wait patiently for his response! Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

That’s a good question. I will ask around. That is one thing I haven’t had to have done yet, knock on wood. I am dropping off my car Monday to get a new clutch so I will ask the shop where I take it who they recommend. We plan on putting information on the site about some local resources in Southern Wisconsin for doing different kinds of work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yea if you wanted to do that I may have some links bookmarked of local places. Also if you wanted to make a tech section I think I have a bunch of links for different tech articles too.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yea if you wanted to do that I may have some links bookmarked of local places. Also if you wanted to make a tech section I think I have a bunch of links for different tech articles too.

Great! Those sound like good suggestions, I think both a local places and tech section would be excellent additions to the site, very good resources!

GTO Man
    Quote:

Mopardude, here are a couple of names for having a differential rebuilt.

Carburetor Performance – Gary at (608)221-3172

Bailey Motor Sports – John Bailey (608)222-5262

These are both Madison area businesses.

I will see about some more possibilities.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Quote:

Mopardude, here are a couple of names for having a differential rebuilt.

Carburetor Performance – Gary at (608)221-3172

Bailey Motor Sports – John Bailey (608)222-5262

These are both Madison area businesses.

I will see about some more possibilities.

Ok cool!

GTO Man

Both places are busy so timeliness may be a question. We have had an engine rebuilt at Bailey’s, he specializes in Mopars.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Both places are busy so timeliness may be a question. We have had an engine rebuilt at Bailey’s, he specializes in Mopars.

Gary was the one who finally got your Carburetors straightened out on the GTX wasn’t he?

GTO Man
    Quote:
    Quote:

Gary was the one who finally got your Carburetors straightened out on the GTX wasn’t he?

Yes, he also rebuilds transmissions and differentials.

GTO Man

Mopardude I have another name for you.

Butch Wilcox at Hansen Auto – 256-0713 – It is on Park Street in Madison.

I asked the shop where they put the clutch in my GTO. He recommended them.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.