Welcome Forum The Lounge Do You Hunt or Fish?

• Creator
    Topic
    hpdog259962
    Participant

I Fish mostly, I sometimes Hunt but not enough to say that I do.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I love fishing. I spent every summer as a kid in northern Minnesota fishing walleye, northern and bass, and loved it. Once we camped on an island in a lake in Ontario for a week and fished every day. It was paradise icon_cool.gif

But living in a desert now makes it kind of difficult icon_sad.gif

And I only hunt paper targets, so no, it’s “no” on both counts.

montefrazer
    Participant

I haven’t been fishing in at least 20 years and the only thing I hunt is car parts. icon_rolleyes.gif

GTO Man

I hunt and fish, used to do alot more of both. Currently hunt for whitetail deer, bow and gun. Fishing has actually been ruined over the last decade or so. They don’t want you to consume the fish because of the levels of mercury in them. Too many people keeping too many fish mean strict number and slot limits. Wardens afraid to confront people about breaking the law. Pigs out there poaching any thing they can. Unfortunately this country saw its best days many years ago.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes and yes

Moose, duck, rabbit, ducks and geese…every season.

I fish when I can, most of my time is tied up these last couple years, so not much fishing any more… icon_sad.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I hunt and fish, used to do alot more of both. Currently hunt for whitetail deer, bow and gun. Fishing has actually been ruined over the last decade or so. They don’t want you to consume the fish because of the levels of mercury in them. Too many people keeping too many fish mean strict number and slot limits. Wardens afraid to confront people about breaking the law. Pigs out there poaching any thing they can. Unfortunately this country saw its best days many years ago.

Very sad. icon_sad.gif The lakes around here are so contaminated that you don’t really want to fish out of fear of eating what you catch. One of the lakes here, Wingra, actually is closed to swimming as well most of the summer because of a high bacteria count. Not good.

hpdog259962
    Participant

Same here.

Quote:
    the only thing I hunt is car parts. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    the only thing I hunt is car parts. icon_rolleyes.gif

:haha:

GTO Man

We ended up getting 3 deer this past season. Should be hearing any day that the meat is been processed. Had regular and garlic sausage made along with brats and hot sticks.

hpdog259962
    Participant

? icon_scratch.gif

Process yourself?

GTO Man

No we had it processed at the local butcher shop up by our land. It wll probably run about $350 to $400.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Did you call them recently, I would imagine that it is about done?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I never got the itch for Hunting a few friends do the Deer Hunting, I go down and take Video and Photos…

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I never got the itch for Hunting a few friends do the Deer Hunting, I go down and take Video and Photos…

You’re hunting with your cameras then 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, Hunting with the Camera…and Drinking alot of Beer

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yes, Hunting with the Camera…and Drinking alot of Beer

Sounds like a good time

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.