We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Dream Cars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What is your dream car?

!968 Dodge Charger.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hm… tough one. I’d have to say 1971 GTO Judge Convertibe.

Anonymous
    Inactive

1970 426 Hemi Cuda 8) 8) 8)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:

Those are bringing big bucks these days, $300,000 + at barrett-jackson. They’re a very hot item!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll take the engine on wheels. :D Wanna race? 😆

427cobra66.jpg

Or my modern pick, 0-124 @9.9 seconds, Top Speed 205 😯 :

icon1_800x600.jpg

http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/usa/carreragt/default.htm

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Quote:

Those are bringing big bucks these days, $300,000 + at barrett-jackson. They’re a very hot item!

I suspect a lot of it has to do with the scarcity of the true 426 hemi. There were 426 engines built in the ’60s by Mopar that weren’t hemis, and sadly, many have palmed them off as hemis. True hemis are rare enough that you will pay a pretty penny for them, to be sure. It’s probably easier to get an original L88 alum. block 427 than a true 426 hemi.

Another reason for the shortage was the desirability of the engine for drag racing. They snapped up almost all the available ones, and since they stopped making them long ago, up up up went the prices 😯

This is the one I would most like to have. I salivate uncontrollably when I see this, so I’ll post it and then leave the thread quickly :D :

70cuda.jpg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

I suspect a lot of it has to do with the scarcity of the true 426 hemi. There were 426 engines built in the ’60s by Mopar that weren’t hemis, and sadly, many have palmed them off as hemis. True hemis are rare enough that you will pay a pretty penny for them, to be sure. It’s probably easier to get an original L88 alum. block 427 than a true 426 hemi.

Another reason for the shortage was the desirability of the engine for drag racing. They snapped up almost all the available ones, and since they stopped making them long ago, up up up went the prices 😯

This is the one I would most like to have. I salivate uncontrollably when I see this, so I’ll post it and then leave the thread quickly :D :

70cuda.jpg

I definitely see what you see in that cuda!! Very Happy WOW! If I had one of those……

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Very nice!
    Welcome to the forum BTW!! Great to have you here.

I’d have to say my dream car is this:
    1.jpg
    or this:
    2.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh that silver goat is cherry 8) Any one of those cars would do nicely :D

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Oh that silver goat is cherry 8) Any one of those cars would do nicely :D

I agree!

Anonymous
    Inactive

ae_AstonMartin_DB9_08.jpg

I’d love one of these. The Aston Martin DB9. Lovely!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    ae_AstonMartin_DB9_08.jpg

I’d love one of these. The Aston Martin DB9. Lovely!

Very nice! :A :wav:

Anonymous
    Inactive

my favor’ite car is a 1948 tucker

Anonymous
    Inactive

1967-1969 Camaro SS. Better yet, how about a Camaro from that era with the ZL1 option! 😈

But I can go with this:

image1.jpg

More pics here: http://www.streetdreamstexas.com/update.php?command=showimage&pk=68-1622

A 1967 Mustang Fastbask would also fit the bill. No need for the Eleanor type, I’m thinking Bullitt.

03CDC593121707A.jpeg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Very nice Mike! 8) 8)
    I wouldn’t mind going with this nice 70 GTX:
    [img]http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/Carshows/Monroe/normal_DSCF0386.JPG[/img]

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.