We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows edgerton car show

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just wanted to relay some info for the Edgerton Tobacco Days car show.
    I can not remember what I put in my last message so I might repeat things that I said then.

We have added a anther Mustang class, peoples choice and a king and queen of show. There will be a cruise out to race track park where Best
    of show, peoples choice and king and queen will be awarded.

Entrance for the car show will be on Canal st off of Hwy 51/73, right next to the bank of Edgerton. Hwy 59W from stop lights to Swift st will be closed.
    We will be taking money when you pull in (unless your pre registered).
    You will get a band that will allow driver and car into the park. Unfortunatly
    there will be a $5.00 charge for anybody else in the vehicle. Kids 12 and
    under are free. I know this sucks but right know the tobacco days committe will only allow us 1 free entry to the park per car. We are tring to find a way to resolve this with out upping the entry fee so please bear with us. You can buy a pin that will get you in all weekend and enters you
    into a drawing to win $1000.00 for $9.00 at the gate.

There will be an oldies band “The Bell Cats” 3-7pm. Then “Crossfire” plays
    from 8-12pm. There is food and drink at the park.

This is the 1st time for the cruise, so if it seems a little confusing at first
    I’m sorry ahead of time. We will try to do the best we can. Any mistakes
    we make this year will be fixed next year, but I think we have got it figured out.

Once we get to the park there will be reserved parking for the show cars.
    We will have front row parking. The awards will be just after we get there.

We do have a website http://www.tobaccadayscarshow.com. This should be up
    on Monday.

There will be a lot of things going on in town. For anybody that’s never been there, there is an open air market at city hall, a book sale at the community center, art/craft fair at central park plus much more. most things are within one block of where the car show is at.

And last everybody is invited to be in the parade on Sunday with their cars

Ok I think I am done. Hope to see you there.

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

what it comes down to is if you want to go out to the park. If you don’t want to pay the $5.00 then don’t go to the park. Plan and simple. We are not tring to screw anybody. We just thought that this would be a fun thing to do,and help out the Tobacco Days committe but there was a catch. To pay at the park to get in.

We are just tring it this year. Its not set in stone. If it does not work it
    will be changed next year. I can take constructive critisim, but some of these post are going a little overboard and I am starting to take it personaly.

I know it was short notice, I know everybody is not happy with it and you
    have the right to your own opinion. But I am tring to fix this. I will talk to
    the committe to see if we can hand out Best of Show and Peoples choice
    downtown. I will also make sure there is a sign at the raffle tent that shows
    the charities we have donated to.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im sorry i should not have said there was a catch. It’s not a catch,its a problem. Now it is a full blown PROBLEM that will be addressed ASAP.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are missing the point entirely. I just looked at your flyer again and no where on the flyer does it state that an individual fee will be charged to gain entrance to the park. Suddenly, you come up with a individual fee which many will not be aware of when they arrive. Why not cancel the park this year and fit it in next year. I think that will prevent many complaints etc. You are absolutely right, if you don’t want to go to the park don’t which I feel most will not. Bad PR hurts and this will do just that.
    Cancel the park. Its great that you donate to charities, most car shows
    donate net profits to various charities and still don’t charge extra.
    Your problem can be resolve easily, cancel the park for this year.

Regards,
    Jim

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know this. We knew we were going to have the cruise out there but we
    did not know how many people they were going to allow in for for free and what the fee was. We had to get the flyers done so they would be available at Jefferson.

Your right, there should have been something an the flyers.
    I guess since I am the one that designed the flyers, It’s my fault. I should have got more info before they were put out and I am very sorry for that.
    I am big enough to say I made a mistake, and I will not let something like this happen again.

It is also my fault that I did not get the info out sooner. I was planning on doing it a lot sooner but life got in the way and I kept forgetting. So I am
    also sorry about that.

As for the cruise. We will still have it, BUT I will try to get the committe to
    award the thropies downtown like the rest of them. I have printed out all the post and will be taking them to the meeting tomorrow night. I will try to make this the 1st thing on the agenda since this is such a hot issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

msmonte,

I would encourage you not to take our suggestions and complaints personally. I know that you have invested much time, personal effort and passion into making the Edgerton Show a success again this year, and we all support your dedication and hard work. Our criticism is not directed at you. You are a valuable member of this forum and we appreciate your presence and your input and postings.

I appreciate your efforts in regards to making the class structure much better for this year’s show. It seems that money is much tighter this year than ever before and an extra $5 or $10 can be a deal breaker for me. Personally, I am holding down my expenses by attending fewer shows than I did last year and I have pre-registered for the shows I do attend, just to save $5 or so. The additional money to be collected for passengers and at the park at the end of the show are just some of the issues to be addressed.

At any rate, thanks for listening to our concerns and thanks for everything that you have been able to do on our behalf with the car show committee. Again, none of this is directed at you and we all understand that there are others that need to be convinced of the plans to change this years show.

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please, don’t take any of my comments and/or suggestions personally.
    I know how hard it is to plan and organized car shows. Many things happen at the last moment and are some times out of your control ie. judges don’t show up or are late. Your idea was and is a good one and has great potential. It is obvious that you are very committed to the success of the Edgerton Show and the committee members should be grateful for the amount of time and effort you have put into this show. I would consider this particular circumstance just a bump in the road that will soon be forgotten. icon_applause.gif I wish you the very best as you continue to put things together and I am certain this year’s show will be better than last year’s. One more thing, I am a Mustang Guy, how about a couple more mustang classes
    LOL.

Jim

circletrack
    Participant

What is it with all the Mustang classes? If you’re going to keep separating everything, why not have separate classes for Camaro’s, Nova’s, Chevelle’s and so on…. There were just as many of those cars made as Mustangs?! More often than not the Street Machine/Muscle Car classes have 30-40+ cars easily in them, why do the Mustang’s get special treatment???

I’m curious to see how this all turns out. Looking at the weather forecast tonight, we may have to wait another year.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Only 9 million Mustangs have been sold but I was just kidding about more mustang classes. In fact, mustangs should be placed in the appropriate stock, muscle and modified classes. Weather does look ifffy.

jonmandude
    Participant

Wow! This is crazy. From my outside perspective I think the problem is that these changes are coming last minute. My advice would be that if the committee wishes to make changes after the fliers have already been out and people have already registered, tell the committee to pound sand. You cannot make changes this late in the game or this is what happens. People get upset. Only make changes between seasons.

The extra fees for passengers is not unlike the Good Guys show (and I am not comparing). It is understandable only when informed upfront. Let people know all of the facts and then they can decide to show or not. Everyone is upset because it is confusing and too late to change. If everyone had known about the additional fees before, there would probably be no problems.

I discovered that you must have a plan and stick to it. Things do come up and new ideas do happen, but once you inform people about your event that must be it. You cannot change.

lordairgtar
    Participant

To the car show promoters…Do not get upset with the forum members here, they are offering their opinions on the extra charge and the cruising to the track part. Although they are a bit “spirited” about it, they offer good advice. Springing these extra charges a bit before the show is just asking for hurt feelings and surly attitudes, what with the cost of gas, food and souvenirs they may want to spend their money on. To the car show participant, it does look like another group is just trying to ride the financial backs of the car owners. You will never foster goodwill like this no matter how noble the cause. That $5 bucks will be one less brat or hot dog or whatever from a vendor there.

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.