We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Edgerton Tobacco Days

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

[article]1703[/article]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Its a shame this show suffers from some bad decisions. Your right they need a few pointers on how to run a show, Road Apples help them out with this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, so here is my take on this show. Please forgive me for speaking my mind. The following comments are not meant to be critical or hurtful, but constructive to help put this show back on the right course:

1. Get rid of the 1st, 2nd and 3d place awards and replace them with Best in Class awards. This allows for flexibility at the end of the show for small classes and largely populated classes.

2. Break up the two large stock classes that get over 60% of the cars attending this show. I would suggest maybe a convertible class (all years), as one possibility.

3. Club members, judges, and sponsors should not be winning awards, especially multiple awards, and the big raffle items. It just doesn’t look right and it doesn’t pass the smell test. Create a class for club members, judges and sponsors. if need be.

I can only speak for myself, but I noticed these issues in 2009, and decided not to attend this show in 2010. I was convinced to come back to this show in 2011, and nothing has changed. And, I am not alone. So, if nothing changes for 2012, I won’t be back.

Xman
    Participant

Sounds like I missed a great show…after the last time I was there and saw how it was run. I said to myself I’m not going back there..I see nothing has changed..

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

This was my favorite show during the 2004-2006 periods but I wasn’t able to make it this year. I hope they are able to make some improvements outlined here for next year!

moparkid25
    Participant

Steve, were we at the same show?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.