We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Edgewater Development

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Edgewater developer appeals, calls Landmarks decision flawed

Who is on the Landmarks Commission, a bunch of elitist snobs. They can have their little view of the lake. In intelligent cities a development that will create a 1000 jobs and bring in $1,000,00 in tax revenue a year would be welcomed. Not in this flawed city though.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

It will be interesting to see if the city council overturns the landmark commission ruling. People on these commissions have to quit being so selfish. They are worried about little things like their view. Well Madison has allot of problems in many different areas, crime, jobs, etc. There are more important things than their view.

moparkid25
    Participant

Dumb. If they don’t allow the hotel to be re-vamped, I don’t want to see or hear Mayor Dave/Jim Doyle crying about no jobs available in the state :angry:

GTO Man

I see the small minded people downtown shot down a chanc on creating some jobs in this city. Madison needs some big changes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

GTO MAN,

I appears to me that Madison, in general, is simply not “business friendly”. While the Edgewater Developement project slips away, nobody seemed to notice that Marcus Theatres chose not to play the silly Madison games.

Did you see where Marcus Theatres is taking their 14 million dollar construction project to Sun Prairie, instead of jumping through the hoops in Madison for the required 24 months to get their project possibly approved.

My hat is off to the elected officials in Sun Prairie, who obviously know how to get things done. Well Done Sun Prairie!!!!

GTO Man

Madison must not need any new business or development. Not surprised to hear that Marcus decided to move their project to Sun Prairie.

GTO Man

Developer Says ‘Elected Officials’ Thwarted Edgewater Hotel Project

Link to Article

The developer is 100% right in his remarks. Madison blew it again.

moparkid25
    Participant

Three generations of my family have said that the City County building needs an enema. But when the blind and ingorant hippies who vote these imbiciles into office realize the fruits of there mistakes, it will be too late.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – I would never live in Madison.

Now, if we could get Furor Dave and his regime to quit trying to run the county also….

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.