We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip End of Pontiac

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

It looks like it will be the end of Pontiac as we know it. Pontiac which used to be known as GM’s Performance Division will probably end up with a couple of their models in some other division, Chevrolet for instance.

It’s too bad the short-sighted car companies GM and Chrysler couldn’t see past short-term profits. Now their current and former employees along with the American people who are bailing them out are paying for it.

At least one of the American companies, Ford has positioned itself more intelligently than the other two.

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

GM is so lost right now, they will do anything to get that gov’t money.

They should’ve filed Ch. 11 and not took any handouts in the first place. Obama needs to stay out of the car business, especially since his boys at the UAW are a great majority of the problem.

I’m sad to see pontiac go, when I was a kid my mom’s old car sat junked out in the back yard, a ’73 LeMans Sport 400. That car was one of the best play toys I ever had! You could roll the windows down and slide in and out like the Dukes, pretend the car would talk back to me like KITT, and since it didn’t run you could shift thru the gears and play with all the bells and whistles on it.;)

I’ve owned a lot of GM’s but never a Pontiac. I’m sad to see it go.

Amigo2k

With GM and Pontiac closing up dealers I wounder if Honda and Toyota will move into their spots? How many Chevy dealers are their in the Madison area? 3 or 4? How many Honda? 1 How many toyota? 1. The last 2 time I’ve purchased new cars (foreign ones) I have bought them from the Chicago area because the Madison dealers had no interest in negotiating (the last one I save 1500 bucks on).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I grew up in the ’50s, and my dad was a diehard Pontiac fanatic! One of my chores, Every Sunday!, was to wash and vacuum my dad’s Pontiac. Those Bonneville’s and Chieftans from the ’50s were so long that they seemed to just go on forever! It seemed to take all day to vacuum the car, wash the car, then take Brillo pads and scrub those big fat whitewalls. There must of been about a thousand pounds of just chrome alone on those cars.

Amigo2k

nm

Attachments:
    GTO Man

All these changes within the auto industry is an eye opener as far as how far this country has fallen. There is no guarantee that anything will remain the same.

Anonymous
    Inactive

One thing will stay the same.Thanks to us the banks will be as rich as ever. And the workers will be poorer than ever.

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.