We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Favorite Car Show of 2005

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What was your favorite car event of 2005? What did you enjoy most and hate most about the shows? What are some things you will try to change in your “car show attendance routine” for 2006?

I think one of my favorites if not the favorite show was Automotion. I liked how it was very well setup, car then space, car then space, as well as the sheer number of quality cars in attendance. Also the weather was very good which also helped. Something I hated about shows this year was how (for example at Monroe) the cars were blocked in so it required others to move their cars for you to leave, not well organized

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has the 2006 version of Automotion been “calendered” yet???

Marshall

GTO Man

Marshall

Automotion 2006 is May 20 and 21st

Here is the link to the calendar: http://www.home.wiscollectorcar.com/car_shows/extmode,view/extid,13/

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Marshall, also notice on the homepage – http://home.wiscollectorcar.com on the right side there is a countdown to Spring Jefferson – the first show of the year. Definitely something to watch during these long winter months!! icon_punk.gif

circletrack
    Participant

Has anyone received information on Automotion yet? I emailed the club last week and they told me they would have information out last week, but so far nothing. I know you can print out the registration form online this year and just mail it in, but there’s nothing like receiving all the fun info in your mailbox! :)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    GTO Man
    Quote:
    Has anyone received information on Automotion yet? I emailed the club last week and they told me they would have information out last week, but so far nothing. I know you can print out the registration form online this year and just mail it in, but there’s nothing like receiving all the fun info in your mailbox! :)

I haven’t received any information on Automotion either. I have received a flyer from Madison Classics and for Iola.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Unfortunately nothing from Klassarama!! crybaby2.gif

GTO Man

I would have to say Automotion and Iola. Automotion is always alot of fun since it is one of the first of the year. It is well organized and has a great setting. And Iola was great, it was nice to take a couple of cars up to the show. That was by far the longest I drove a car to a show. A good test of how dependable they are. Iola offers about everything that can be offered when it comes to cars.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It didn’t seem that Iola was that far away. Last year was my first year doing Iola and I remember leaving Madison at “dark thirty” in the morning, but it seemed like I got there before most folks were out and about. I am thinking about making Iola a two day deal this year and going up on Friday and staying until Saturday night or Sunday morning. Anyone else made this one a long weekend?

Marshall

GTO Man

Last year went up on Thursday and came back Friday. It worked out well. Traffic was pretty light Thursday on the way up and not bad Friday late afternoon on the way back.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I would have to say Automotion and Iola. Automotion is always alot of fun since it is one of the first of the year. It is well organized and has a great setting. And Iola was great, it was nice to take a couple of cars up to the show. That was by far the longest I drove a car to a show. A good test of how dependable they are. Iola offers about everything that can be offered when it comes to cars.

Automotion was a great kick-off for the year, no doubt about it (except for that guy’s mustang that was urping :haha: ) icon_headbang.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    It didn’t seem that Iola was that far away. Last year was my first year doing Iola and I remember leaving Madison at “dark thirty” in the morning, but it seemed like I got there before most folks were out and about. I am thinking about making Iola a two day deal this year and going up on Friday and staying until Saturday night or Sunday morning. Anyone else made this one a long weekend?

Marshall

That’s because I did all the driving! sunny.gif ponies…

Anonymous
    Inactive

PONIES – You are absolutely right, and I do owe you for making the drive. But, you have to admit, we had some great conversations on the ride up. Also, we didn’t pass up any NOS Ford/Autolite/Rotunda parts either. Also, we had a nice visit with Brian and Vada from Ford Mans Mustang!

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

Automotion was a great time last year, probably my favorite show of the year. I already have my hotel reservations made and I’m looking forward to another fun weekend.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hey, welcome ponies!!!! Great to have you on the forum!!! icon_cheers.gif icon_punk.gif icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.