We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip First car show that you’re going to attend this year?

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What and when is the first car show that you’re going to attend this year? I think for me it will probably be the Spring Jefferson show in Jefferson, WI. This is a big show and swap meet put on by Gary Esse.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I allready attended a huge Mopar swap meet in feburary. Other wise Jefferson will be next for me!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I allready attended a huge Mopar swap meet in feburary. Other wise Jefferson will be next for me!

Where was that Mopar Meet? It must have been indoors or down south! I actually already went to Volo too, but its not really a car show icon_wink.gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

Either Jefferson (Jefferson, WI) or Grayslake (Grayslake, IL). I know Grayslake because I work at the car show.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Either Jefferson (Jefferson, WI) or Grayslake (Grayslake, IL). I know Grayslake because I work at the car show.

I’ve added the Grayslake info BTW.

GTO Man

First show I will be attending will be Jefferson which takes place April 23-24. It is usually alot of fun because people are anticipating the start of good weather and getting their cars out. There are usually alot of cars for sale and thousands of vendors. Fall Jefferson last year had as many good cars for sale as I have ever seen there. It seemed like a number of people were selling cars they didn’t really want to but because of economic conditions felt they needed to.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    First show I will be attending will be Jefferson which takes place April 23-24. It is usually alot of fun because people are anticipating the start of good weather and getting their cars out. There are usually alot of cars for sale and thousands of vendors. Fall Jefferson last year had as many good cars for sale as I have ever seen there. It seemed like a number of people were selling cars they didn’t really want to but because of economic conditions felt they needed to.

Yeah Fall Jefferson was really good last year, I was quite impressed. I can’t wait for Spring Jefferson!!

hpdog259962
    Participant

Thanks

Quote:
    Quote:

I’ve added the Grayslake info BTW.

montefrazer
    Participant

Spring Jefferson for me, too. I’ll be there on Saturday if the weather is good. I’ll be busy on Sunday so my show cars will be the ones for sale. icon_wink.gif Anyone else planning on Saturday?

P S Leave the Kaiser parts for me. thumbsup.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Spring Jefferson for me, too. I’ll be there on Saturday if the weather is good. I’ll be busy on Sunday so my show cars will be the ones for sale. icon_wink.gif Anyone else planning on Saturday?

Yep saturday for me too, it just works out the best. I should make a big Wisconsin Collector Car sign and stick it on my back or something so you’ll recognize me. Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

montefrazer
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote:

Yep saturday for me too, it just works out the best. I should make a big Wisconsin Collector Car sign and stick it on my back or something so you’ll recognize me. Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

That could work thumbsup.gif , or we could pick a place and time to say HI wave.gif to any of us that are interested in putting a face to a name.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

That could work thumbsup.gif , or we could pick a place and time to say HI wave.gif to any of us that are interested in putting a face to a name.

Yep that could work too, we’d have to pick a pretty specific spot in the park though. I’ll talk it over with some of the other guys attending Jefferson.

montefrazer
    Participant

I use the north end of the bleachers as a meeting place. Easy to find and you can relax if you’re early or need a break from walking and a group can sit together and talk. Time is not a concern to me. I am there most of the day. Could have more than one meeting time to cover late and early people. Just some suggestions to think about.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I use the north end of the bleachers as a meeting place. Easy to find and you can relax if you’re early or need a break from walking and a group can sit together and talk. Time is not a concern to me. I am there most of the day. Could have more than one meeting time to cover late and early people. Just some suggestions to think about.

Yeah that sounds good. Do you mean the bleachers for the field there, sort of by the red enclosed buildings (I think by building A)? I talked to GTO Man and he’s up for it, I think it would be alot of fun. icon_thumright.gif

montefrazer
    Participant

Those are the only bleachers I know of. South part of the grounds by the car corral. Here’s a link to a map of the grounds. http://www.jeffersoncountyfairpark.com/about/grounds_map.html Where it says grandstand.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Those are the only bleachers I know of. South part of the grounds by the car corral. Here’s a link to a map of the grounds. http://www.jeffersoncountyfairpark.com/about/grounds_map.html Where it says grandstand.

Thanks, I was looking on the site for a picture of the grounds and even in the pics I took from jefferson but couldn’t find one. How’s this sound:
    [img]http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/forum/images/posts/jefferson.JPG[/img]

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.