We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions First Snow of the Winter

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Any bets on how inaccurate the forecast will be?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

I’d rather start a pool on how many people forgot how to drive in snow and will wreck there cars tomorrow night.

circletrack
    Participant

Since it just started and most of the advisories were out at 6 p.m…. it’s hard to tell. I’d say a couple inches or so, just enough to cause havoc (and money in our pocket)… :)

lordairgtar
    Participant

Bring it! I like snow.

GTO Man

Bat-ton down the hatches, looks like an interesting 24 hours of snow and wind and blizzard coming up. I hope we don’t get as much as they are predicting or at least the winds are not as strong as predicted. Hopefully no one has any traveling to do.

GTO Man

Anyone going to go out for a cruise today?

GTO Man

Nice to see we didn’t get as much snow as predicted. Sounds like they have more issues up in Minneapolis. Maybe Favre will keep his streak alive.

Metrodome roof collapses under snow; NFL scrambles to find stadium for Giants/Vikings game

Metrodome Story

moparkid25
    Participant

I haven’t left the house since I got home from work friday night.

circletrack
    Participant

We were out last night with friends and came home around 11, it was very, very nasty! Near whiteout conditions, amazing.

After we dug out today we drove into town and the roads were pretty good. I’m wondering what tomorrow will bring as everything will be frozen solid, have I told you how much I hate winter???

GTO Man

What a beautiful sight to see that snow melting so quickly and grass emerging.

moparkid25
    Participant

I wish it would start to get warmer, but unfortunately we will have a couple more months of snow and cold :(

That’s ok, winter will give some more time to get “goodies” on the car ;)

circletrack
    Participant

Automotion is just a few short months away now… :)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

moparkid25 wrote:

Quote:
    That’s ok, winter will give some more time to get “goodies” on the car ;)

What are these goodies? Any big surprises? ;)

GTO Man

Looks like a helluva storm bearing down on us. Didn’t go to work today and more than likely won’t tomorrow either.

circletrack
    Participant

Every school around is closed, including UW Madison and Madison schools… Sounds like a great day to stay home!

moparkid25
    Participant

circletrack wrote:

Quote:
    Every school around is closed, including UW Madison and Madison schools… Sounds like a great day to stay home!

Not for this guy. Here’s hoping I can get out of my driveway tomorrow.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.