We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Fox Lake July 26 2008

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?)
    Parking Location
    Class Organization
    Trophies & Prizes
    Food
    Entertainment
    Judging
    Dash Plaque
    Variety of Cars
    Bathrooms
    Weather
    Trophy Presentation Timing
    Entry Fee
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Specific Ratings (A-F):B
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A, easy to get to on County Road A, coming West off of 151, North of Beaver Dam. Exit is well marked and County A takes you right to the park
    Parking Location – A, really excellent locations on grass with some shade for the early birds
    Class Organization – D, they had at least 35 classes, which made the awards ceremony lengthy, about an hour and a half
    Trophies & Prizes -Biggest trophies of any show this year
    Food – A, they added homemade Pizza this year. made right on the premises
    Entertainment – A, DJ was excellent with a nice mix of music from the 50s and 60s
    Judging – A, about the toughest judging I have seen anywhere
    Dash Plaque – A, big and very nice
    Variety of Cars – A, about 550 cars this year
    Bathrooms -A, plentiful
    Weather – A, ,couldn’t have been better
    Trophy Presentation Timing – late, and lengthy, so it was 5:45 or 6 when we left Fox Lake
    Entry Fee – A, Pre-registered for $7
    Overall Rating:put overall rating hereB
    This show continues to grow and expand and pulls alot of cars from the northern part of the state that we usually don’t see. This was a great show.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?)
    Easy to get to whether you go in on 33 or the county roads. I drove from Muskego.
    Parking Location
    I parked on a side street and parking is abundant. The church on the street I parked on let show goers park there.
    Class Organization
    Lots of classes
    Trophies & Prizes
    Huge trophies
    Food
    Tasty stuff, grilled fare
    Entertainment
    Disc Jockey, pretty good if I say so myself (I DJ car shows)
    Judging
    Judging is done very well and they will look over cars several times if the running is close.
    Dash Plaque
    Wasn’t showing so I don’t know
    Variety of Cars
    Great selection of cars and a small car corral
    Bathrooms
    Lots
    Weather
    A very warm day…beautiful
    Trophy Presentation Timing
    Lengthy
    Entry Fee
    ?
    Overall Rating:A solid A, a must attend show.

I went as an artist to draw cars and had a great day doing it. Capt. Bob was there from Wisconsin Hotrod Radio as well as the guy selling the cool board game American Muscle Car Challenge. There were vendors selling crafts and car parts, plus a guy selling AMT model kits at $4.00 each.

Anonymous
    Inactive

lordairguitar,

Did you, by chance, see that beautiful, dark blue 1931 Cord that came into the show right around noon? I had never seen a Cord before, and I love the styling and design on these cars.

I did say “hello” to Capt Bob from Hotrod Radio!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like a lot of fun! Did anyone get a photo of that Cord?

lordairgtar
    Participant
    Quote:
    lordairguitar,

Did you, by chance, see that beautiful, dark blue 1931 Cord that came into the show right around noon? I had never seen a Cord before, and I love the styling and design on these cars.

I did say “hello” to Capt Bob from Hotrod Radio!

Nutz! I missed that car. I guess I was too busy drawing. Wished I would have seen that. Like Garibaldi sez…anyone get a pic?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I have several photos of that car. I will need a couple of days to transfer the images from my camera and upload to the forum.

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you check the Photo Gallery, I hope I was able to add a photo of that beautiful blue Cord.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yes here it is, very beautiful car:
    [img]http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10130/FoxLake2008_(18).JPG[/img]

Thanks for the photos Marshall! I have seen this car before at at least one other show – though I can’t remember which one

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.